Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Help!! Cannot save DOWNLOADS

Help!! Cannot save DOWNLOADS

sskydiverr@yahoo.com

with FF I used to be able to save jpegs, wav, mp3 and all files.
Suddenly I cannot. Don't know why.

I still can save using Internet Explorer

I unistalled and reinstalled FF but no help.

what do I do?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

> with FF I used to be able to save jpegs, wav, mp3 and all files.
> Suddenly I cannot. Don't know why.
>
> I still can save using Internet Explorer
>
> I unistalled and reinstalled FF but no help.
>
> what do I do?

first stop uninstalling and reinstalling. That doesn't
work. Your problem isn't with the program, but the FF
profile. The profile is where all your settings, prefs,
bookmarks, passwords, etc, are kept. The FF profile is
separate from the program. When you uninstall, all you're
doing is removing the program. The profile is not touched.

Next, open the download manager [under Tools], and remove
everything. Did this work? If not, then close the program
and delete the file downloads.rdf from the FF profile. Did
this work?

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Dan

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:10:45 -0400, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>with FF I used to be able to save jpegs, wav, mp3 and all files.
>Suddenly I cannot. Don't know why.
>
>I still can save using Internet Explorer
>
>I unistalled and reinstalled FF but no help.
>
>what do I do?

Sounds like a well known bug, solution (PC, WinXP):

1. Go to:

c:\Documents and Settings\[WINDOWS USER NAME]\
Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[xxxxxxxx.default]\

2. Delete the following file:

downloads.rdf

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_...download_files