Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > X64 anti-spy software

X64 anti-spy software

spock

Hello Everyone
Has anyone released anti-spy software for windows X64 Pro that really
works?
I have tried defender or whatever it is called now and found less than
satisfactory.
I have tried the free AVG anti-spy every time I ran it there was at leaset
9-15 infections
I don't think it did anything, that is everytime I ran it there was always
more? and more!
Sensisible answers please! I don't want a war of words. What works? is there
anything?

Thank you.

Dennis Pack

Spock:
I use SpyBot and A-Squared without any problems with XP x64 and
Vista x64. Also I use Nod32 for AV on both operating systems, Have a great
day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64
"spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Everyone
> Has anyone released anti-spy software for windows X64 Pro that really
> works?
> I have tried defender or whatever it is called now and found less than
> satisfactory.
> I have tried the free AVG anti-spy every time I ran it there was at leaset
> 9-15 infections
> I don't think it did anything, that is everytime I ran it there was always
> more? and more!
> Sensisible answers please! I don't want a war of words. What works? is
> there anything?
>
> Thank you.

Jud Hendrix

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:52:28 +0930, "spock" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Has anyone released anti-spy software for windows X64 Pro that really
>works?

I use Hitman Pro (http://www.hitmanpro.nl/), and they use a bunch of
programs to scan your system. It has auto-update, and most included
programs are free (some are trial). The scanning-process is fully automatic
(all the appropraite buttons are "pressed" via a script). The program
itself is free as well, and comes in English and Dutch.

jud

Allan

"spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Everyone
> Has anyone released anti-spy software for windows X64 Pro that really
> works?
> I have tried defender or whatever it is called now and found less than
> satisfactory.
> I have tried the free AVG anti-spy every time I ran it there was at leaset
> 9-15 infections
> I don't think it did anything, that is everytime I ran it there was always
> more? and more!
> Sensisible answers please! I don't want a war of words. What works? is
> there anything?
>
> Thank you.

AVG (ewido) Anti-spyware has its own forum : http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
.. I have found that if you consistently decide to either ignore or delete,
or allow this time that the number of errors decreases over time. You may
have to run it in Safe Mode. You may also want to try SpywareBlaster or
Spybot S&D . I have used SpywareBlaster for a few years with good results.
There is no 64-bit version unfortunately of SpywareBlaster nor of the
others. I suggest you read posts at that forum that I mentioned above. I
have not tried "Defender" and am unlikely to do so. I did have "McAfee
Anti-spyware" installed but found it awkward to update on a weekly basis.
After a one-year subscription I allowed it to expire.

Kue2

Spy-bot runs fine in Vista 64 Version:1.5.1.17 is vista aware.Avg
anti-spyware(version7.6.1.43) is also very good,make sure you are deleting
what it finds. Both of these are free to use & free updates.

"Allan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello Everyone
>> Has anyone released anti-spy software for windows X64 Pro that really
>> works?
>> I have tried defender or whatever it is called now and found less than
>> satisfactory.
>> I have tried the free AVG anti-spy every time I ran it there was at
>> leaset 9-15 infections
>> I don't think it did anything, that is everytime I ran it there was
>> always more? and more!
>> Sensisible answers please! I don't want a war of words. What works? is
>> there anything?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

> AVG (ewido) Anti-spyware has its own forum :
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/ . I have found that if you consistently
> decide to either ignore or delete, or allow this time that the number of
> errors decreases over time. You may have to run it in Safe Mode. You may
> also want to try SpywareBlaster or Spybot S&D . I have used SpywareBlaster
> for a few years with good results. There is no 64-bit version
> unfortunately of SpywareBlaster nor of the others. I suggest you read
> posts at that forum that I mentioned above. I have not tried "Defender"
> and am unlikely to do so. I did have "McAfee Anti-spyware" installed but
> found it awkward to update on a weekly basis. After a one-year
> subscription I allowed it to expire.

Sam Crawford

You can also try Kaspersky Internet Suite. They have a free 30 day trial.

It works fine for x64.

http://www.kaspersky.com/trials