Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Sunbeam this, Sunbeam that....

Sunbeam this, Sunbeam that....

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

What's up with Sunbeam Technology? Are they copying other's products? I think Unholy better pull some strings and get us (me) one to review...

Here we have an example of Sunbeam's apparent clone of a Cooler Master Musketeer 1 device, although it has more functionality:

Product Details:
The Cannoneer is designed to display the fan voltage, audio sound pressure and the temperature of the positioned thermal sensor when connected to this device. Plus, the two sliders allow users to adjust the fan speed, and the dynamics of the sound pressure simply and with no hassles.

Features:

* Great for PC equipped with Audio device & High-speed fan
* Sound pressure for audio device
* Noise reduction and energy conservation for 4 fans
* Thermal sensors for detecting PC main system temperature: CPU, HDD, VGA, CASE.
* Reflective Blue LED display
* Connects directly to your PCís power supply
* No software required and easy to install

Specifications:

* Voltage (Left) Dial Display: DC 0 to 12V
* VU (middle) Dial Display: -20 to +3dB
* Temperature (right) Dial Display: 10-90 Celsius/50-180 Fahrenheit
* Sound Pressure: -20 to + 3dB (depends on the input from sound card)

Package Contents:

* CANNONEER
* Dual stereo plug audio cable
* Screw pack
* All in one PCI bracket: Thermal sensors, Extra 3 fan-speed adjustable knobs, Stereo audio cable

Price: $24.95

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...oducts_id=4008

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Hahaha, I told you Al, they're a cheap knockoff company, they're the kinda company that puts out "Panasaonic" (not a typo) stereos and "Soney" comptuers and eventually we'll see a "Ferrarri" from them I'm sure.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

...I'll take mine with racing stripes and a cat instead of a dancing horse for the hood / trunk emblem.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Nah man i cant get u one of those, i am getting u a symmtery

Its a problem with every company. Like sunbeams like the superior panel, it got copied by another company (i think it was like ultra or something that copied it.

Evercool copied Titan's Bianca.

Not everything they make is a cheap knock off, take the 3.5" inch superior panel, the Nuuo, the Trio and their cases (apart from the acrylic one cause every place makes them)

Some of those older things Sunbeam Has discontinued. I know they got rid of the CCFL Fan Grills.

Last edited by unholy; 01-26-2006 at 04:45 AM..

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

OH Yes, their lovely LED lighted fan grills that come with LEDs that don't work but if they did you have to crazy glue them into the grills and then you have this lovely wire dangling from the grill. I love those things. I had 4 of them, all 4 didn't work.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

...and modded too. I needed a spacer between a Cooler Master Aero blower fan and the CPU heatsink, so I cut the center section out from a LED fan grill. The LED stays put in my example, and it also lights up the blower fan a bit. I like the effect. Try it, you'll like it.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

If I had one where the LED worked I might do that, but, no such luck, they were all DoA.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Maybe ur wiring em wrong

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Wiring them wrong? Yeah okay, 2 wires, connected to an existing connector, plugs into an existing plug and somehow *I'M* wiring it wrong? More like Sunbeam makes garbage knock offs.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Maybe sunbeam Hates you because they know you bad mouth them