Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Desktop shortcuts!

Desktop shortcuts!

Tana

Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts on FF.
Cheers T.

Ralph Fox

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:45:58 +1100, in message
*<43d756e7$0$12751$(E-Mail Removed)> , Tana wrote:

> Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts on FF.
> Cheers T.

See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL?
Drag it onto the desktop.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

"Curiosity skilled the cat."

Tana

Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:45:58 +1100, in message
> <43d756e7$0$12751$(E-Mail Removed)> , Tana wrote:
>
>> Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts on FF.
>> Cheers T.

> See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL?
> Drag it onto the desktop.

Damn! I knew it would be easy but not that easy.
Cheers T.

Tana

Tana wrote:
> Ralph Fox wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:45:58 +1100, in message
>> <43d756e7$0$12751$(E-Mail Removed)> , Tana wrote:
>>
>>> Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts
>>> on FF.
>>> Cheers T.

>> See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL? Drag it
>> onto the desktop.
>>

> Damn! I knew it would be easy but not that easy.
> Cheers T.

How about Thunderbird?
Cheers T.

Boris Mohar

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:00:36 +0000, Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:45:58 +1100, in message
>*<43d756e7$0$12751$(E-Mail Removed)> , Tana wrote:
>
>> Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts on FF.
>> Cheers T.

>See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL?
>Drag it onto the desktop.

Is there another way like a command? If I am in a full window than I have to
resize in order to show desktop. Usually there are other windows open under
FF which have to be minimized.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see:
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs (among other things) http://www.viatrack.ca

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Leonidas Jones

Tana wrote:
> Tana wrote:
>> Ralph Fox wrote:

>>> See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL? Drag it
>>> onto the desktop.
>>>

>> Damn! I knew it would be easy but not that easy.
>> Cheers T.

> How about Thunderbird?
> Cheers T.

Do you just want a desktop shortcut to open the program?

Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Thunderbird

Right click on the shortcut to open TB, and select Send to>>Desktop

A shortcut will appear on your desktop.

Lee

Faun

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Is there another way like a command? If I am in a full window than I have to
> resize in order to show desktop. Usually there are other windows open under
> FF which have to be minimized.

Assuming you use Windows, and a Windows compatible keyboard, there
should be a button with a flying window on it, near the space bar. Keep
this button down, then hit D.

Personally, I find that button annoying, but that's me...

f.

gwtc

Faun wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>

>>Is there another way like a command? If I am in a full window than I have to
>>resize in order to show desktop. Usually there are other windows open under
>>FF which have to be minimized.

> Assuming you use Windows, and a Windows compatible keyboard, there
> should be a button with a flying window on it, near the space bar. Keep
> this button down, then hit D.
>
> Personally, I find that button annoying, but that's me...
>

> f.

Not everyone has that Keyboard Key. Do a search on your hard-drive
for showd*.scf. It should come up as Show Desktop. Copy this to your
Windows QuickLaunch toolbar. Now, when you click on it, it will show
your desktop.

Ralph Fox

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:56:23 -0500, in message
*<(E-Mail Removed)>, Boris Mohar wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:00:36 +0000, Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:45:58 +1100, in message
> >*<43d756e7$0$12751$(E-Mail Removed)> , Tana wrote:
> >
> >> Just while I have your attention... how do I create Desktop shortcuts on FF.
> >> Cheers T.

> >See that icon in the URL bar, just to the left of the URL?
> >Drag it onto the desktop.

> Is there another way like a command?

I don't use it, but I believe that is what the deskCut extension adds.

> If I am in a full window than I have to
> resize in order to show desktop. Usually there are other windows open under
> FF which have to be minimized.

See Faun's and gwtc's replies for the easy way to minimize all such windows.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

"Curiosity skilled the cat."

Faun

In article <dr93pv$19sc$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)ppfmp says...

> Not everyone has that Keyboard Key. Do a search on your hard-drive
> for showd*.scf. It should come up as Show Desktop. Copy this to your
> Windows QuickLaunch toolbar. Now, when you click on it, it will show
> your desktop.

....or, provided one uses a reasonably modern version of the OS, add the
button on the toolbar by right-clicking on it and select "Add tool
bars"...or whatever it would be called on an English version.

For ancient OS versions, one can use a gadget from M$, delivered with
the toys installation. Win95 and alike, I mean. Don't think there's such
a gadget for Win3.11, though, but who uses that these days? Anyone?

f.