Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Please recommend optimum settings for concert photos

Please recommend optimum settings for concert photos

Fred

I've just gotten a Kodak Z812 and am very impressed by the photos I've
taken in the house under low light level conditions. I've taken these in
the "smart scene" mode. There's also an "high ISO mode" which is
recommended for low light situations. Is this the best mode to use for at
a concert?

-Thanks

Joseph Meehan

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I've just gotten a Kodak Z812 and am very impressed by the photos I've
> taken in the house under low light level conditions. I've taken these in
> the "smart scene" mode. There's also an "high ISO mode" which is
> recommended for low light situations. Is this the best mode to use for at
> a concert?
>

> -Thanks

The best bet is to try both and see what works best for what you are
doing.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Fred

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:44:39 -0400, Joseph Meehan wrote:

> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> I've just gotten a Kodak Z812 and am very impressed by the photos I've
>> taken in the house under low light level conditions. I've taken these in
>> the "smart scene" mode. There's also an "high ISO mode" which is
>> recommended for low light situations. Is this the best mode to use for at
>> a concert?
>>

>> -Thanks
>>

> The best bet is to try both and see what works best for what you are
> doing.

Unfortunately that won't be possible prior to attending the concert.

Andy Eng

On Oct 14, 7:35 pm, Fred <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:44:39 -0400, Joseph Meehan wrote:
> > "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >> I've just gotten a Kodak Z812 and am very impressed by the photos I've
> >> taken in the house under low light level conditions. I've taken these in
> >> the "smart scene" mode. There's also an "high ISO mode" which is
> >> recommended for low light situations. Is this the best mode to use for at
> >> a concert?

> >> -Thanks

> > The best bet is to try both and see what works best for what you are
> > doing.

> Unfortunately that won't be possible prior to attending the concert.

Try a local pub with a neighborhood band playing to get the hang of
it...

Fred

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 01:49:09 +0000, Andy Eng wrote:

> On Oct 14, 7:35 pm, Fred <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:44:39 -0400, Joseph Meehan wrote:
>> > "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>> > The best bet is to try both and see what works best for what you are
>> > doing.

>> Unfortunately that won't be possible prior to attending the concert.

> Try a local pub with a neighborhood band playing to get the hang of
> it...

That's a good idea. It's probably about the same light levels.

-Thanks