Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > What if my router is not Connect Now compatible?

What if my router is not Connect Now compatible?

=?Utf-8?B?QXlv?=

I have a desktop PC, a laptop (both on XP SP2), an HP psc 750 printer and a
Thomson Speedtouch 570 ADSL router. Before the latest Windows security
updates I had a wireless network working fine, but it disappeared a few
months ago after installing new Windows security updates. Now all I can find
is instructions on how to connect "Connect Now Technology" compatible
products. What can I do if my router is not comaptible?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
It is hard to believe that an External DSL Modem/Router is not compatible
with an upgrade of Windows.
You might need to try to reconfigure your Wireless settings.
For the purpose of the initial setting disable the new SP2 Firewall, and
enable it after you make it work again.
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news(E-Mail Removed)...