Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Online Photo Album

Online Photo Album

NickC

Pat wrote on 16 Oct 2007:

> If you don't have a lot of pictures, you could go with something
> like Red Dwarf and do it all by hand. It is WYSIWYG, it's pretty
> easy and it's free.

Red Dwarf or Web Dwarf? I can't find red dwarf by googling, although
it's swamped by links to the BBC cult tv show (which, nicely, is
having a rerun here). The only similar thing I could find was a web
site creator called web dwarf.

Thanks,

--
Nick

Pat

On Oct 22, 5:14 am, NickC <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Pat wrote on 16 Oct 2007:
>
> > If you don't have a lot of pictures, you could go with something
> > like Red Dwarf and do it all by hand. It is WYSIWYG, it's pretty
> > easy and it's free.

> Red Dwarf or Web Dwarf? I can't find red dwarf by googling, although
> it's swamped by links to the BBC cult tv show (which, nicely, is
> having a rerun here). The only similar thing I could find was a web
> site creator called web dwarf.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Nick

Oops. Sorry. I had an older version called Red Dwarf and the changed/
updated the name to WebDwarf (which is a particularly weird thing to
type because it is all with the left hand).

I use it all the time. You can't beat it for free.
http://www.virtualmechanics.com/products/dwarf/

margaretmartin@gmail.com

On Oct 14, 12:22 pm, "Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at photo
> sharing sites like PBase.com.
>
> Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
> large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
> more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in a
> standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual photo
> itself).
>
> Any suggestions, apart from creating my ownwebsite?

Another option if you do create your own website is www.galleryserverpro.com.
This is an ASP.NET web app that does your resizing for you according
to your specifications and it does a lot more. It also will display
one image by itself. Very easy to use. You can also include audio,
video, documents, or any other type of file in your gallery.

~Maggie