Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Please How do I stop Acrobate From Installing

Please How do I stop Acrobate From Installing

flamestar

I'm running XP professional and I have adobe acrobate 7 but all the
sudden the installer wants to install it again. It keeps trying to
install but fails. How can I stop it from trying to install?

flamestar

On Oct 14, 1:12 pm, flamestar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm running XP professional and I have adobe acrobate 7 but all the
> sudden the installer wants to install it again. It keeps trying to
> install but fails. How can I stop it from trying to install?

Adobe Acrobat 7 kept being installed even though I had a fully
functional program so the installation kept failing but it tried again
and again. So after weeks I uninstalled the windows installation
program. Things got worse. Because windows kept trying to install and
when it failed it tried again tying up the computer.

So I went into task manager and looked at processes and it turned out
agent.exe was tying up the computer and its activity mirrored the
attempts at installation. I googled agent.exe and saw it was something
identified as a Trojan or virus. There are good program that use the
name agent.exe so just having agent.exe running doesn't mean you have
a problem.

Ad ware said they could get rid of agent.exe if I paid for their
software. I paid and downloaded the program but nothing changed. I
want to Norton expecting to use their paid chat. I couldn't use it
because I uninstalled installed (no pun intended) So I downloaded and
reinstalled install. Right away adobe and windvd started to be
installed. I rebooted after I rebooted the first thing windows did was
try to install windvd. I went into task manager and closed the
install program and then I went into process and closed agent.exe.
After that the problem stopped.