Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't delete certain programs using Add or Remove Programs

Can't delete certain programs using Add or Remove Programs

rbhudson47

There are some programs listed in "Add or Remove Programs" that have
no "Remove" button. Why is this? I am the only user on this computer
and I am listed as being the Computer Administrator. I am running the
Home edition of Xp. The program that I want to uninstall is a program
that I installed on the computer and not one that came with my Dell
system.

ellis_jay

rbhudson47 wrote:
> There are some programs listed in "Add or Remove Programs" that have
> no "Remove" button. Why is this? I am the only user on this computer
> and I am listed as being the Computer Administrator. I am running the
> Home edition of Xp. The program that I want to uninstall is a program
> that I installed on the computer and not one that came with my Dell
> system.

And what is the program?

--
When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes

Ellis_Jay

Ben Myers

"rbhudson47" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> There are some programs listed in "Add or Remove Programs" that have
> no "Remove" button. Why is this? I am the only user on this computer
> and I am listed as being the Computer Administrator. I am running the
> Home edition of Xp. The program that I want to uninstall is a program
> that I installed on the computer and not one that came with my Dell
> system.

Programs create their own uninstall entries. If reinstalling the
program doesn't help, contact the software author or repost with more
information about the program.

Ben

who'sthat

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:09:05 -0000, rbhudson47 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>There are some programs listed in "Add or Remove Programs" that have
>no "Remove" button. Why is this? I am the only user on this computer
>and I am listed as being the Computer Administrator. I am running the
>Home edition of Xp. The program that I want to uninstall is a program
>that I installed on the computer and not one that came with my Dell
>system.

Look in the Windows Explorer directory and see if there is an
uninstall file.