Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > free link exchange worth it?

free link exchange worth it?

frigglefraggle.com

hi, i've tried to come up with a new way to get reciprocal links...on
my search engine site, users can choose to exchange links with my site
for any search term they wish. in return, i'll check for a reciprocal
link on the exact page that my site will link to. you can check out
the functionality at http://www.frigglefraggle.com/test.aspx (i've
used a crap link so people don't think i'm trying to get a link to my
site)....anyway, here is my question. does having reciprocal links
from one page to another actually get discounted? would i better
allowing them to enter any reciprocal link? i just wanted to avoid
ending up as the 5000th link on a "links.htm" page. any feedback is
appreciated.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:44:54 GMT
frigglefraggle.com scribed:

> hi, i've tried to come up with a new way to get reciprocal links...on
> my search engine site, users can choose to exchange links with my site
> for any search term they wish. in return, i'll check for a reciprocal
> link on the exact page that my site will link to. you can check out
> the functionality at http://www.frigglefraggle.com/test.aspx (i've
> used a crap link so people don't think i'm trying to get a link to my
> site)....anyway, here is my question. does having reciprocal links
> from one page to another actually get discounted? would i better
> allowing them to enter any reciprocal link? i just wanted to avoid
> ending up as the 5000th link on a "links.htm" page. any feedback is
> appreciated.

I couldn't read the page and couldn't enlarge the letters so...adios.

--
Neredbojias