Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Any one having this problem adding VLC to Mozilla?

Any one having this problem adding VLC to Mozilla?

Lee

3. Ed Mullen wrote:

Lee wrote:
> I have just upgraded Video Lan version 0.8.4a to my computer. Now
> however when I go to view ie streaming media (hopefully right
> description) from my web page of www.bellsouth.net with Mozilla I get
> nothing at all but when I deleted VLC media Player, windows media player
> took right overnd displayed the subject matter mainly videos. I like
> VLC media player and would prefer to stay with it any tips or help would
> be appreciated so I amy continue with it.

> Lee

Not familiar with VLC but it sounds like either a configuration setting
within VLC or, perhaps, that a plugin is needed to get it to work with
Mozilla. Also, with VLC installed check the Helper Applications list in
Mozilla to see what's being used for the various video/audio file types.

--
Ed Mullen

I tried the other suggestion of moving the 2 dll files as described on
the web page recommended with no luck. It does work with MS media but
not with VLC Hey check it out it works great as a program and runs a lot
of items that media player did not.

Lee