Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > transfering to PC to MAC

transfering to PC to MAC

alan

Currently running firefox and thunderbird on pc and I would like to
transport accross to mac. Is this possible and if so what do I need
to copy accross please.

Your advice is most welcome, cheers.
--

Alan
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

"Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas" (Vergil)
Happy is he who has been able to learn the causes of things.

Leonidas Jones

alan wrote:
> Currently running firefox and thunderbird on pc and I would like to
> transport accross to mac. Is this possible and if so what do I need
> to copy accross please.
>
> Your advice is most welcome, cheers.

It is most assuredly possible. However, since some profile files difer
on different platforms, it is not possible to transfer the entire
profile en mass, as it is with a Window to Windows, or Mac to Mac
conversion.

I suggest taking a moment to familiarize yourself with profiles, by
readind Irwin's page. It will tell you exactly which files you need to
tranfer to save certain information. Once you have read itk, I will ba
happy to help with specific questions.

Lee

alan

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> alan wrote:
>
>>Currently running firefox and thunderbird on pc and I would like to
>>transport accross to mac. Is this possible and if so what do I need
>>to copy accross please.
>>
>>Your advice is most welcome, cheers.

> It is most assuredly possible. However, since some profile files difer
> on different platforms, it is not possible to transfer the entire
> profile en mass, as it is with a Window to Windows, or Mac to Mac
> conversion.
>
> I suggest taking a moment to familiarize yourself with profiles, by
> readind Irwin's page. It will tell you exactly which files you need to
> tranfer to save certain information. Once you have read itk, I will ba
> happy to help with specific questions.
>
> http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingree...0Profiles.html
>
> Lee

Thank you for the response and the offer of help. Any questions I shall
get back to the group, but first I have some reading to do.

Alan