Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > GCC compiler error

GCC compiler error

jacob navia

Keith Thompson wrote:
> Tsb <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> type it in again...
>>>

>> I type it again. Then compile once and there still will be error.
>>
>> I want to execute my program many times.
>>
>> I am new in C, so I don't know clearly. If I want to use "#gcc
>> MYFILE.NAME -o MYFILE.NAME " many times, what will I have to do?

> This is really a question about your compiler, not about the C
> language, but the problem is common to most compilers.

Some. lcc-win will refuse an output file name that is identical to the
input file name

--
jacob navia
jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr

Mark McIntyre

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 06:32:56 -0000, in comp.lang.c , Tsb
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I type it again. Then compile once and there still will be error.
>
>I want to execute my program many times.
>
>I am new in C, so I don't know clearly. If I want to use "#gcc
>MYFILE.NAME -o MYFILE.NAME " many times, what will I have to do?

You need to read the instruction manual for gcc.

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

vipvipvipvip.ru@gmail.com

On Oct 12, 11:15 am, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Some. lcc-win will refuse an output file name that is identical to the
> input file name

Indeed, but lcc-win is a horrible C compiler.

jacob navia

> On Oct 12, 11:15 am, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Some. lcc-win will refuse an output file name that is identical to the
>> input file name

> Indeed, but lcc-win is a horrible C compiler.

Obviously

I should erase the source file as gcc does.

--
jacob navia
jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr
logiciels/informatique
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

Keith Thompson

(E-Mail Removed) writes:
> On Oct 12, 11:15 am, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Some. lcc-win will refuse an output file name that is identical to the
>> input file name

> Indeed, but lcc-win is a horrible C compiler.

Surely there's enough *constructive* criticism available that
meaningless insults are unnecessary.

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) writes:
>> On Oct 12, 11:15 am, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Some. lcc-win will refuse an output file name that is identical to the
>>> input file name

>> Indeed, but lcc-win is a horrible C compiler.

>Surely there's enough *constructive* criticism available that
>meaningless insults are unnecessary.

Meaningless insults are what this ng is all about.
Surely you've been around long enough to know that.

Kelsey Bjarnason

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:21:07 +0000, Kenny McCormack wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Keith Thompson
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>(E-Mail Removed) writes:
>>>
>>> Indeed, but lcc-win is a horrible C compiler.

>>Surely there's enough *constructive* criticism available that
>>meaningless insults are unnecessary.

> Meaningless insults are what this ng is all about. Surely you've been
> around long enough to know that.

Funny, in the years I've been following it, it's been about C - despite
endless attempts by some folks to expand that into other areas -
Windows. Algorithm analysis. Gardening. Whatever.

Charlie Gordon

"jacob navia" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
47147a79$0$27387$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Oct 12, 11:15 am, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Some. lcc-win will refuse an output file name that is identical to the
>>> input file name

>> Indeed, but lcc-win is a horrible C compiler.

is ``horrible C'' a new dialect of C ?
or are you proposing a name for C with lcc-win32 extensions ?

> Obviously
>
> I should erase the source file as gcc does.

No, IMHO, you should publish the source, as is done for gcc and lcc.

Indeed.

--
Chqrlie.

Richard

"Charlie Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "jacob navia" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 47147a79$0$27387$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>>
>>> Indeed, but lcc-win is a horrible C compiler.

> is ``horrible C'' a new dialect of C ?
> or are you proposing a name for C with lcc-win32 extensions ?
>
>> Obviously
>>
>> I should erase the source file as gcc does.

> No, IMHO, you should publish the source, as is done for gcc and lcc.

IMO he should do what the hell he wants with it.

> Indeed.

Saying "Indeed" doesn't make you a Heathfield clone you know.

jacob navia

Charlie Gordon wrote:
> "jacob navia" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 47147a79$0$27387$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Indeed, but lcc-win is a horrible C compiler.

> is ``horrible C'' a new dialect of C ?
> or are you proposing a name for C with lcc-win32 extensions ?
>
>> Obviously
>>
>> I should erase the source file as gcc does.

> No, IMHO, you should publish the source, as is done for gcc and lcc.
>

> Indeed.

Do *you* Charlie?

Please let me have all your work for the last 12 years for free!
And please give me all the products your company sells for free too.

All source code, documentation, etc, so that I can use it without paying
you a penny.

Of course you will not pay me the money *I paid* for the
source of lcc. That is my problem of course, not yours.

I remember that you told that you sell compilers. I *can*
imagine that having the source code of a compiler could
help you make some money...

But I am sorry, I will sell my product myself.

Strange gcc compiler error? J Cook C++ 6 05-03-2011 10:02 PM
mysql in c++ initialize error occurs a simple program is executed in redhat9.0 , using gcc 3.2.2 compiler version ... yogesh C++ 4 02-15-2007 07:56 AM
strange compiler error ( gcc 4.0.2) grundmann C++ 8 09-24-2005 05:33 PM
Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code -1073741819 Ram ASP .Net 0 09-13-2005 09:52 AM