Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > running mozilla

running mozilla

Greger

Hi,
looing for a way to embed my rss reader within mozilla. But, i am a newbie
in this regard, Could anyone with expert knowledge of the mozilla browser
project kindly advice some on this as the best practice and so forth?
And, Would anyone out htere, except me, be interested in integrating an rss
reader with mozilla??

--
www.gregerhaga.net

Leonidas Jones

Greger wrote:
> Hi,
> looing for a way to embed my rss reader within mozilla. But, i am a newbie
> in this regard, Could anyone with expert knowledge of the mozilla browser
> project kindly advice some on this as the best practice and so forth?
> And, Would anyone out htere, except me, be interested in integrating an rss
> reader with mozilla??

Are you using Firefox or the suite?

Firefox has RSS support built in through the Live Bookmarks.

Lee

Greger

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Greger wrote:
>> Hi,
>> looing for a way to embed my rss reader within mozilla. But, i am a
>> newbie in this regard, Could anyone with expert knowledge of the mozilla
>> browser project kindly advice some on this as the best practice and so
>> forth? And, Would anyone out htere, except me, be interested in
>> integrating an rss reader with mozilla??
>>

> Are you using Firefox or the suite?
>
> Firefox has RSS support built in through the Live Bookmarks.
>
> Lee

using firefox, ( what is the suite, and what is live bookmarks?)
--
www.gregerhaga.net

gwtc

Greger wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>

>>Greger wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>looing for a way to embed my rss reader within mozilla. But, i am a
>>>newbie in this regard, Could anyone with expert knowledge of the mozilla
>>>browser project kindly advice some on this as the best practice and so
>>>forth? And, Would anyone out htere, except me, be interested in
>>>integrating an rss reader with mozilla??
>>>

>>Are you using Firefox or the suite?
>>
>>Firefox has RSS support built in through the Live Bookmarks.
>>
>>Lee

> using firefox, ( what is the suite, and what is live bookmarks?)

The Suite is Mozilla Suite, which contains browser, mail/news,
composer and a few other things. Very similar to the old Netscape
program. Different than Firefox which is just a browser, and
different than Thunderbird which is just mail/news.

So, which program are you using, Firefox, or Mozilla Suite?

Stubby

gwtc wrote:
> Greger wrote:

>>> Are you using Firefox or the suite?
>>>
>>> Firefox has RSS support built in through the Live Bookmarks.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> using firefox, ( what is the suite, and what is live bookmarks?)

> The Suite is Mozilla Suite, which contains browser, mail/news, composer
> and a few other things. Very similar to the old Netscape program.
> Different than Firefox which is just a browser, and different than
> Thunderbird which is just mail/news.
>
> So, which program are you using, Firefox, or Mozilla Suite?

I believe the Sage RSS reader works with FireFox.

Leonidas Jones

Stubby wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>> Greger wrote:

>>> using firefox, ( what is the suite, and what is live bookmarks?)

>> The Suite is Mozilla Suite, which contains browser, mail/news,
>> composer and a few other things. Very similar to the old Netscape
>> program. Different than Firefox which is just a browser, and
>> different than Thunderbird which is just mail/news.
>>
>> So, which program are you using, Firefox, or Mozilla Suite?

> I believe the Sage RSS reader works with FireFox.

Yes, it does, and I understand it is much more full featured then Live
Bookmarks. I'm using RSS in TB though, so I don't know from first hand
experience.

Lee

Greger

gwtc <TheNewGWTC-64-110-101-116-115-99-97-112-101-46-110-101-116> wrote:

> Greger wrote:

>>>Are you using Firefox or the suite?
>>>
>>>Firefox has RSS support built in through the Live Bookmarks.
>>>
>>>Lee

>> using firefox, ( what is the suite, and what is live bookmarks?)

> The Suite is Mozilla Suite, which contains browser, mail/news,
> composer and a few other things. Very similar to the old Netscape
> program. Different than Firefox which is just a browser, and
> different than Thunderbird which is just mail/news.
>
> So, which program are you using, Firefox, or Mozilla Suite?

aah okey, I am using only firefox(the browser), not the suite.

--
www.gregerhaga.net