Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Combine and Decode

Combine and Decode

Ross M. Greenberg

Well, I created the UUDeview.uue folder ok, and I was able to move a
bunch of highlighted stuff over to that folder and it *appears* that it
is _slowly_ decoded.

But I can't locate the TB mailbox for UUDeview to actually Decode. I
located .../Profiles but then I get lost. So close, and yet so far!

Help!

Ross

gwtc

Ross M. Greenberg wrote:

> Well, I created the UUDeview.uue folder ok, and I was able to move a
> bunch of highlighted stuff over to that folder and it *appears* that it
> is _slowly_ decoded.
>
> But I can't locate the TB mailbox for UUDeview to actually Decode. I
> located .../Profiles but then I get lost. So close, and yet so far!
>
> Help!
>
> Ross

are you following the instructions from here?:
http://ed.mullen.home.comcast.net/Mo...z_combine.html

Ed Mullen

Ross M. Greenberg wrote:
> Well, I created the UUDeview.uue folder ok, and I was able to move a
> bunch of highlighted stuff over to that folder and it *appears* that it
> is _slowly_ decoded.
>
> But I can't locate the TB mailbox for UUDeview to actually Decode. I
> located .../Profiles but then I get lost. So close, and yet so far!
>
> Help!
>
> Ross

It would be helpful to have a more complete description of how you set
this up. But let me review a couple things from the process I outline
on my Web page (http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_combine.html).

1. In TB, the folder where you copy the multi-part binary newsgroup
messages needs to be created in your mail account within TB.
Right-click the name of the mail account and choose New Folder. Name it
ENCODES.uue. This creates a FILE in Windows with that name (TB mail
"folders" are actually hard disk files containing plain-text of the
messages you see in the folder in TB.)

2. Find a newsgroup. Highlight a group of binary messages and drag/drop
them into the ENCODES.uue folder in TB.

3. Outside of TB use Windows Explorer to find the ENCODES.uue file
(it's in your TB profile location). Double-click the file. This should
open the UUDeview program.

With this review and the original info on the Web page as a guide,
recheck what you did to set this up and report back.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Combine and Decode multipart messages gandalf Firefox 2 09-13-2005 08:18 PM
Combine and Decode YENC Agent777 Firefox 7 05-14-2005 11:22 PM
combine and decode? Gary Firefox 1 01-07-2005 06:53 PM
Combine-and-Decode multipart news posts? William W. Plummer Firefox 0 07-03-2004 12:37 AM
Combine and Decode? Chris Firefox 0 11-28-2003 04:40 PM

Advertisments