Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firefox cursor focus on search sites

Firefox cursor focus on search sites

Steve IA

I've posted to alt.fan.mozilla and the tab mix plus forum with no luck.

When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
FF 2.0.0.7, (XP home) the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I
have to mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using
IE 7 and all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I
would like.
It works well in FF safe mode and I disabled my few add-ons (in normal mode)
one at a time and found the Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6 was causing the problem. I
don't want to lose TMP. Any suggestions?
Thank you for helpful responses.

Steve
41N

Desk Rabbit

Steve IA wrote:
> I've posted to alt.fan.mozilla and the tab mix plus forum with no luck.
>
> When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
> FF 2.0.0.7, (XP home) the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I
> have to mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using
> IE 7 and all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I
> would like.
> It works well in FF safe mode and I disabled my few add-ons (in normal mode)
> one at a time and found the Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6 was causing the problem. I
> don't want to lose TMP. Any suggestions?
> Thank you for helpful responses.

Javascript disabled?

Steve IA

Desk Rabbit wrote:

> Steve IA wrote:
> > I've posted to alt.fan.mozilla and the tab mix plus forum with no luck.
> >
> > When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
> > FF 2.0.0.7, (XP home) the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I
> > have to mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using
> > IE 7 and all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I
> > would like.
> > It works well in FF safe mode and I disabled my few add-ons (in normal mode)
> > one at a time and found the Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6 was causing the problem. I
> > don't want to lose TMP. Any suggestions?
> > Thank you for helpful responses.

> Javascript disabled?

Nope. Checked that.
thanks

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Steve IA wrote:

> Desk Rabbit wrote:
>> Steve IA wrote:
>>> [focus]
>>> It works well in FF safe mode and I disabled my few add-ons (in
>>> normal mode) one at a time and found the Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6 was
>>> causing the problem. I don't want to lose TMP. Any suggestions?
>>> Thank you for helpful responses.

>> Javascript disabled?

> Nope. Checked that.

Firefox 2.0.0.7 with Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6 here, and as long as JavaScript
is enabled, the focus works for me. Something else is awry with your
installation.

What happens if you disable all the extensions except Tab Mix Plus?

--
-bts