Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > FF developer html representation

FF developer html representation

dorayme

Have I clicked something by accident? I am getting a lot of pesky:

repeat-y scroll 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial;
-moz-background-origin: -moz-initial;
-moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;...

added to the html markup when viewing in FF "Web Developer" tool,
(the Edit HTML)

I assume this is all 'final resolved' code but I never used to
see it I am pretty sure as long ago as a last week? I don't like
it at all. Who wants so much complexity?

--
dorayme

John Hosking

dorayme wrote:
> Have I clicked something by accident? I am getting a lot of pesky:
>
> repeat-y scroll 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial;
> -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial;
> -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;...
>
> added to the html markup when viewing in FF "Web Developer" tool,
> (the Edit HTML)
>
> I assume this is all 'final resolved' code but I never used to
> see it I am pretty sure as long ago as a last week? I don't like
> it at all. Who wants so much complexity?

Do you simultaneously have some other Web Developer feature going, such
as Outline Block Level Elements or something? I believe I've seen these
things show up "in the code" sometimes.

--
John
Pondering the value of the UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/

dorayme

In article <470d7778$(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Hosking <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > Have I clicked something by accident? I am getting a lot of pesky:
> >
> > repeat-y scroll 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial;
> > -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial;
> > -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;...
> >
> > added to the html markup when viewing in FF "Web Developer" tool,
> > (the Edit HTML)
> >
> > I assume this is all 'final resolved' code but I never used to
> > see it I am pretty sure as long ago as a last week? I don't like
> > it at all. Who wants so much complexity?

> Do you simultaneously have some other Web Developer feature going, such
> as Outline Block Level Elements or something? I believe I've seen these
> things show up "in the code" sometimes.

I often tick "show element names" and "outline elements"?

But no, even with these unticked, I am getting this pesky
business.

It happens even when I drag a plain text html file over the open
FF window, all this extra stuff is showing. I can delete it by
hand, boring, and it then stays gone until a refresh or another
text-file drag is done. It also happens when I am looking at
external websites. With the internal ones, it is easy to avoid by
copy pasting the html text into the developer code window. But
for external sites, it means messing about and getting source
code and doing same...

Something has happened! Just took another look at my options and
I can't immediately see anything relevant? I know have set FF to
auto update, perhaps there is a new build with some bug in it or
some unwelcome decision has been taken?

--
dorayme

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 11 Oct 2007 01:33:57 GMT
dorayme scribed:

> Something has happened! Just took another look at my options and
> I can't immediately see anything relevant? I know have set FF to
> auto update, perhaps there is a new build with some bug in it or
> some unwelcome decision has been taken?

FF has recently (-last few days) been upped to 2.0.0.7.

--
Neredbojias