Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird: what is possible for HTML-mails with animation and sound?

Reply
Thread Tools

Thunderbird: what is possible for HTML-mails with animation and sound?

 
 
fbag@gmx.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2006
Hi there,

I am curious which possibilities exist for creating stationary for
Mozilla Thunderbird with integrated sounds and animations? It's amazing
what you can find for Outlook Express! How could this be ported to
Mozilla? How about body-tags (<embed>) and javascript-elements
("onload")? Is there a documentation for that on the internet
somewhere? I could not find anything so far...

Greetz,
Felix

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Leonidas Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2006
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am curious which possibilities exist for creating stationary for
> Mozilla Thunderbird with integrated sounds and animations? It's amazing
> what you can find for Outlook Express! How could this be ported to
> Mozilla? How about body-tags (<embed>) and javascript-elements
> ("onload")? Is there a documentation for that on the internet
> somewhere? I could not find anything so far...
>
> Greetz,
> Felix
>


Try the following group:

news://news.mozilla.com/mozilla.test.multimedia
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ed Mullen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2006
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am curious which possibilities exist for creating stationary for
>> Mozilla Thunderbird with integrated sounds and animations? It's amazing
>> what you can find for Outlook Express! How could this be ported to
>> Mozilla? How about body-tags (<embed>) and javascript-elements
>> ("onload")? Is there a documentation for that on the internet
>> somewhere? I could not find anything so far...
>>
>> Greetz,
>> Felix
>>

>
> Try the following group:
>
> news://news.mozilla.com/mozilla.test.multimedia


Good advice. And try a couple things on your own.

Compose a message in HTML mode. You have a variety of text, page, and
HTML formatting options via the buttons on the Formatting Toolbar (View
- Toolbars).

Additionally, click the Insert and Format menus: more options including
one to insert custom HTML.

Click the Save button and choose Template (or File - Save As - Template).

Go to the Template folder, find the file, right-click, choose Edit as New.

Also see:

http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_remote.html
http://www.google.com/search?query=t...emplate&num=50

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
http://mozilla.edmullen.net
http://abington.edmullen.net
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ed Mullen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2006
Ed Mullen wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I am curious which possibilities exist for creating stationary for
>>> Mozilla Thunderbird with integrated sounds and animations? It's amazing
>>> what you can find for Outlook Express! How could this be ported to
>>> Mozilla? How about body-tags (<embed>) and javascript-elements
>>> ("onload")? Is there a documentation for that on the internet
>>> somewhere? I could not find anything so far...
>>>
>>> Greetz,
>>> Felix
>>>

>>
>> Try the following group:
>>
>> news://news.mozilla.com/mozilla.test.multimedia

>
> Good advice. And try a couple things on your own.
>
> Compose a message in HTML mode. You have a variety of text, page, and
> HTML formatting options via the buttons on the Formatting Toolbar (View
> - Toolbars).
>
> Additionally, click the Insert and Format menus: more options including
> one to insert custom HTML.
>
> Click the Save button and choose Template (or File - Save As - Template).
>
> Go to the Template folder, find the file, right-click, choose Edit as New.
>
> Also see:
>
> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_remote.html
> http://www.google.com/search?query=t...emplate&num=50
>
>


Also, if you're interested, email me with a valid address and I'll send
you an html email with a variety of styling etc. so you can see what I'm
talking about.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
http://mozilla.edmullen.net
http://abington.edmullen.net
 
Reply With Quote
 
fbrenk@gmx.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-26-2006
Hi Ed,

as mentioned before I am especially interessted in animation and
sounds. Do you really have examples for that?

Greetz,
Felix

 
Reply With Quote
 
fbag@gmx.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-26-2006
Hi Ed,


as mentioned before I am especially interessted in animation and
sounds. Do you really have examples for that?


Greetz,
Felix

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ed Mullen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-26-2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
>
> as mentioned before I am especially interessted in animation and
> sounds. Do you really have examples for that?
>
>
> Greetz,
> Felix
>


I don't have an example at hand since it's not something I do except for
satisfying my own curiosity. But I can certainly do up a quick example.

If by animation you mean an animated .gif, that's easy. The reference
page I gave regarding remote images in email could have just as easily
used an animated .gif. As for sound, most HTML techniques for including
sound in a document should work.

One thing to consider is that many people have javascript turned off in
email, some have graphics turned off, and some have their clients set to
display all mail as plain-text.

You really should check the Multimedia group mentioned before.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
http://mozilla.edmullen.net
http://abington.edmullen.net
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Separating graphic (x3d) and animation Thag XML 0 03-06-2006 08:03 AM
DVD Verdict reviews: LAST EXIT, SPIKE AND MIKE'S SICK AND TWISTED FESTIVAL OF ANIMATION: CONTAGIOUS, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 01-14-2006 09:18 AM
Animation and Wav =?Utf-8?B?dmlvbGE=?= Microsoft Certification 0 03-11-2005 04:39 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: PAUL MCCARTNEY: THE MUSIC AND ANIMATION COLLECTION and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 05-12-2004 09:04 AM
animation and threads, wait - notify??? eeyimaya Java 3 02-18-2004 01:23 PM



Advertisments