Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD camcorder shock immuniity

DVD camcorder shock immuniity

Just guessing, I would think that camcorders recording to minature DVDs
would be quite sensitive to shock once the buffer is empty. Would it not be
something like the shock resistance built in to portable CD players? It
works beautifully as long as the shock is intermittent and not continuous.

Can someone who owns one of these camcorders give me the answer?

Thanks,

Norm Strong

nesredep egrob

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:20:38 -0700, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just guessing, I would think that camcorders recording to minature DVDs
>would be quite sensitive to shock once the buffer is empty. Would it not be
>something like the shock resistance built in to portable CD players? It
>works beautifully as long as the shock is intermittent and not continuous.
>
>Can someone who owns one of these camcorders give me the answer?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Norm Strong

I have recently updated to a Canon DC 51. There are more than hints to tell you
that when you initialise you start it and do not even touch the camera while it
is working. The same goes for finalising and you are also expected to have it
connected via the mains. The camera will not do those job while on the move and