Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Beta driver from Nvidia for Vista 64 Release 163.75

Beta driver from Nvidia for Vista 64 Release 163.75

Kue2

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_163.75.html

ForceWare Release 163 BETA
Version: 163.75
Release Date: October 9, 2007
Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit
Language: U.S. English
File Size: 43.4 MB

Charlie Russel - MVP

gack. Their production drivers are enough of a problem. I can't imagine what
their beta drivers are like.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_163.75.html
>
> ForceWare Release 163 BETA Version: 163.75 Release Date: October 9,
> 2007 Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit Language: U.S. English File
> Size: 43.4 MB

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Its the thought that counts Charlie.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> gack. Their production drivers are enough of a problem. I can't imagine
> what their beta drivers are like.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_163.75.html
>>
>> ForceWare Release 163 BETA Version: 163.75 Release Date: October 9,
>> 2007 Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit Language: U.S. English File
>> Size: 43.4 MB

John Barnes

The last three releases have been pretty good. No problems here, anyway.
Now, how many posters over in Vista can't even get it to install with quite
a few ATI video cards?
Haven't seen anyone who had that problem with nVidia.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> gack. Their production drivers are enough of a problem. I can't imagine
> what their beta drivers are like.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_163.75.html
>>
>> ForceWare Release 163 BETA Version: 163.75 Release Date: October 9,
>> 2007 Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit Language: U.S. English File
>> Size: 43.4 MB

Charlie Russel - MVP

Hey, Andre - long time no see. How are you doing?

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Its the thought that counts Charlie.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> gack. Their production drivers are enough of a problem. I can't imagine
>> what their beta drivers are like.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_163.75.html
>>>
>>> ForceWare Release 163 BETA Version: 163.75 Release Date: October 9,
>>> 2007 Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit Language: U.S. English File
>>> Size: 43.4 MB

Charlie Russel - MVP

Don't know, since I don't go there. And you know I'll always have a tough
time with the nvidia folks because of the mess that their chipsets caused
all of us. (I'm STILL getting email from folks who have to do the
install/uninstall routine.)

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The last three releases have been pretty good. No problems here, anyway.
> Now, how many posters over in Vista can't even get it to install with
> quite a few ATI video cards?
> Haven't seen anyone who had that problem with nVidia.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> gack. Their production drivers are enough of a problem. I can't imagine
>> what their beta drivers are like.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_163.75.html
>>>
>>> ForceWare Release 163 BETA Version: 163.75 Release Date: October 9,
>>> 2007 Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit Language: U.S. English File
>>> Size: 43.4 MB

Kue2

Hi Charlie

I'm still looking for a new driver for my card.The only one that works fine
for me so far is the one installed with the RTM 9746.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don't know, since I don't go there. And you know I'll always have a tough
> time with the nvidia folks because of the mess that their chipsets caused
> all of us. (I'm STILL getting email from folks who have to do the
> install/uninstall routine.)
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The last three releases have been pretty good. No problems here, anyway.
>> Now, how many posters over in Vista can't even get it to install with
>> quite a few ATI video cards?
>> Haven't seen anyone who had that problem with nVidia.

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> gack. Their production drivers are enough of a problem. I can't imagine
>>> what their beta drivers are like.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>>

>>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Andre:
Is that you over there?
Where have you been all this time?
Regarding to NVidia drivers, and I must be an exception, I have had so far
no problems with the subsequent whql releases.
I always took care of uninstalling the old version, rebooting into VGA, and
then installing the newer drivers.
My kids play many games without glitches.
Current card is an MSI8600GTSOC.

Carlos
"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:

> Its the thought that counts Charlie.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > gack. Their production drivers are enough of a problem. I can't imagine
> > what their beta drivers are like.
> >
> > --
> > Charlie.
> > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
> >

> > "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_163.75.html
> >>
> >> ForceWare Release 163 BETA Version: 163.75 Release Date: October 9,
> >> 2007 Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit Language: U.S. English File
> >> Size: 43.4 MB

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Kue2:
Quite strange.
The latest 163.69's work flawlessly on two different Vista x64 PC's with ECS
N7900GS-256MX card and another one with an MSI 8600GTSOC card.
Games like Lost Planet, Medal Of Honor Airborne work beautifully.
Carlos

"Kue2" wrote:

> Hi Charlie
>
> I'm still looking for a new driver for my card.The only one that works fine
> for me so far is the one installed with the RTM 9746.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Don't know, since I don't go there. And you know I'll always have a tough
> > time with the nvidia folks because of the mess that their chipsets caused
> > all of us. (I'm STILL getting email from folks who have to do the
> > install/uninstall routine.)
> >
> > --
> > Charlie.
> > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
> >

> > "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> The last three releases have been pretty good. No problems here, anyway.
> >> Now, how many posters over in Vista can't even get it to install with
> >> quite a few ATI video cards?
> >> Haven't seen anyone who had that problem with nVidia.
> >>
> >> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Kue2

I'm using a Asus mother board K8v se deluxe & a Asus Video Card with Nvidia
drivers & have not found one that works properly except for the RTM version
9746. I tried every version since loading the RTM. I still get the Nvidia
nvlddmkm.sys error.
I have been working with Microsoft trying to solve ,but no luck so far. I
had them take my computer over (remote control) a couple times now. I loaded
all the latest hot fixes they provided but still no luck.I have an on-going
support case about this problem.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...