Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > State server and Unable to find assembly error

State server and Unable to find assembly error

jmr

Hi All,

Since I have choosen to use state server for my session variables , I
sometimes get this message

Unable to find assembly 'App_Web_4nsap3_u, Version=0.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Note that I did not change any object that are stored in session.

I have to restart ASP .Net state Service to get rid of this error

Any idea of what is happening ?

Thanks
Jean-Michel

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBFcndpbg==?=

Yeah - the problem has to do with Serialization/Deserialization of objects.
Unlike InProc session where objects are simply memory references the out of
proc state server serializes/deserializes the objects that you request using
the definition of the object within the binaries.

Basically you're storing the object initially using a particular build then
you are re-building your solution and refreshing your page that attempts to
access those stored variables and to deserialize them but th old binary
doesn't exist.

The reason you only occasionally see this is probably because the dll
involved is a common dll that you only occasionally make changes to (e.g. a
base class, auth dll, etc.) so this only happens when the compiler determines
it needs to rebuild that particular module.

Hope that helps...