Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Wasn't prepared for 70-291!

Wasn't prepared for 70-291!

JC

I took 70-291 today and failed. Got 635. I studied like a fool. I used
Fravo test exams and the CertGuide book.

When I saw the actual exam questions I thought I was sitting the wrong exam!
It was tough going, being so unprepared, I thought.

Which book or which prep test exams should I use ?

kpg

JC <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

> I took 70-291 today and failed. Got 635. I studied like a
> fool. I used Fravo test exams and the CertGuide book.

Next time, don't study like a fool.

Lasher

You stupid cheating a$$fusker. You deserve what you got cheating. Go rot
and study with real material and don't try and cheat your way through this
time.

"JC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:dr35ec$21k$(E-Mail Removed):

--
Lasher
MCNGP 110010

Patrick Dickey

JC wrote:
> I took 70-291 today and failed. Got 635. I studied like a fool. I used
> Fravo test exams and the CertGuide book.
>
> When I saw the actual exam questions I thought I was sitting the wrong exam!
> It was tough going, being so unprepared, I thought.
>
> Which book or which prep test exams should I use ?

I think that Lasher summed this up the best. So, I'm going to give you
some links to some excellent training material.

http://www.microsoft.com/virtualpc
http://www.microsoft.com/virtualserver (These two are for the
assumption that you don't have a lot of computers to make a network with).

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver (For a few evaluation copies of
Windows Server 2003 R2)

Now for the important ones..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...eywords=70-291
(Search results for 70-291 at amazon)

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-291.asp (should be obvious)

http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/5433.asp (You'll find this at
amazon also)

http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6469.asp (This is at amazon also)

Now.. Here's something to think about. You spent some $$$ on the cheat
tools, then spent about $100 or so to fail the test. So, spend the $$$
on these books and products, and then spend the $100 or so on the test.
You may be surprised.

And, next time when you prepare for the next exam, remember how
wonderfully you did using the cheat tools. Then, go to Microsoft and
the different book ordering sites, and get the right things. It will be
money well spent. Simply because, you can't use the cheat sheets as
reference later on when you have an issue come up. You can with these
books and tools.

--
Patrick Dickey <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com

Ben Smith

In article <dr35ec$21k$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ess
says...
> I took 70-291 today and failed. Got 635. I studied like a fool. I used
> Fravo test exams and the CertGuide book.
>
> When I saw the actual exam questions I thought I was sitting the wrong exam!
> It was tough going, being so unprepared, I thought.
>
> Which book or which prep test exams should I use ?

Take a look at the exam outline on the web site. Think about which area
of the test gave you the most trouble and cross reference the outline.

Ben Smith

In article <Xns9754BFF81CABDlashertokenid@207.46.248.16>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Subject: Re: Wasn't prepared for 70-291!
> From: Lasher <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
>
> You stupid cheating a$$fusker. You deserve what you got cheating. Go rot
> and study with real material and don't try and cheat your way through this
> time.

Be nice. JC did ask for a book, which presumably he/she was going to
study from.

Lasher

Ben,

Reference Fravo and CertGuide and you'll find they're br@indump sites. I
do agree with your next post though. Go get an MSPress box set or
something.

Ben Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

--
Lasher
MCNGP 110010

Kline Sphere

>Reference Fravo and CertGuide and you'll find they're br@indump sites.

Maybe Ben & Co should look into this then?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

FrisbeeŽ

"Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Reference Fravo and CertGuide and you'll find they're br@indump sites.

> Maybe Ben & Co should look into this then?

<crickets.wav>

Actually, that's not Ben's job.

But the people that should be looking into it are busy with Vista right now.

JaR

the plaintive wail of FrisbeeŽ:

>> Maybe Ben & Co should look into this then?

> <crickets.wav>
>
> Actually, that's not Ben's job.
>
> But the people that should be looking into it are busy with Vista
> right now.

Or getting coffee and curry for the people that are busy with Vista.

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110

jdbc and prepared statement problem Ryan Java 4 02-27-2005 01:30 PM
Prepared statement Hans Bijvoet Java 2 02-04-2005 01:51 AM
how to do prepared statement in jstl sql way java9394 Java 0 04-19-2004 09:10 PM
Stupid question? long format, with prepared statement Smashingraph Java 1 09-02-2003 12:39 PM
--- Associated statement is not prepared - SQL Agent Panther ASP .Net 0 07-02-2003 04:39 AM

Advertisments