Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > pyxml package not working? No xml.dom.ext.reader module available after install.

pyxml package not working? No xml.dom.ext.reader module available after install.

Thomas W

I've tried to install the pyxml-package, available at http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/,
both from source and using some hack on the win32-binary package
available for python2.4, but without luck. After install the module
xml.dom.ext.reader is not available, eventhough the folder, __init__py
and everything is in place.

Why? And could someone please make a win32-binary package of pyxml for
python2.5? Thanks!

Stefan Behnel

Thomas W wrote:
> I've tried to install the pyxml-package, available at http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/,
> both from source and using some hack on the win32-binary package
> available for python2.4, but without luck. After install the module
> xml.dom.ext.reader is not available, eventhough the folder, __init__py
> and everything is in place.
>
> Why? And could someone please make a win32-binary package of pyxml for
> python2.5? Thanks!

PyXML has not been actively maintained for some years now. Use ElementTree or
lxml instead.

http://codespeak.net/lxml

Stefan

Thomas W

On 10 Okt, 11:13, Stefan Behnel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thomas W wrote:
> > I've tried to install the pyxml-package, available athttp://pyxml.sourceforge.net/,
> > both from source and using some hack on the win32-binary package
> > available for python2.4, but without luck. After install the module
> > xml.dom.ext.reader is not available, eventhough the folder, __init__py
> > and everything is in place.

> > Why? And could someone please make a win32-binary package of pyxml for
> > python2.5? Thanks!

> PyXML has not been actively maintained for some years now. Use ElementTree or
> lxml instead.
>
> http://codespeak.net/lxml
>
> Stefan

But the problem is that I'm using some piece of code that needs pyxml.
Wouldn't be a problem if I was developing this project myself.

Thomas

Stefan Behnel

Thomas W wrote:
> On 10 Okt, 11:13, Stefan Behnel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Thomas W wrote:
>>> I've tried to install the pyxml-package, available athttp://pyxml.sourceforge.net/,
>>> both from source and using some hack on the win32-binary package
>>> available for python2.4, but without luck. After install the module
>>> xml.dom.ext.reader is not available, eventhough the folder, __init__py
>>> and everything is in place.
>>> Why? And could someone please make a win32-binary package of pyxml for
>>> python2.5? Thanks!

>> PyXML has not been actively maintained for some years now. Use ElementTree or
>> lxml instead.
>>
>> http://codespeak.net/lxml
>>
>> Stefan

> But the problem is that I'm using some piece of code that needs pyxml.
> Wouldn't be a problem if I was developing this project myself.

Ah, ok. I was just suggesting that you'd be very lucky if someone came up with
a fresh build or something...

Stefan