Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Uninstall problems

Uninstall problems

=?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=

I cannot delete three, count them, three Nero 7 essentials entries from my
add/remove programs. I have deleted all of the registry entries, to my
knowledge, have contacted Nero tech support, but no luck. The entries are
there without "change" or "remove" buttons. Please help. THis is restricting
me from uploading Nero 8 ultra to my computer.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Ryan:
Open regedit.
Go to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Curren tVersion\Uninstall
Delete all Nero leftover registry entries you may find there.
Remember, hampering with the registry is dangerous.
Do this at your own risk, backup those entries before deleting them.
Carlos
P.S.: Smoking is also dangerous. Backup your lungs before lighting that
cigarette

"Ryan" wrote:

> I cannot delete three, count them, three Nero 7 essentials entries from my
> add/remove programs. I have deleted all of the registry entries, to my
> knowledge, have contacted Nero tech support, but no luck. The entries are
> there without "change" or "remove" buttons. Please help. THis is restricting
> me from uploading Nero 8 ultra to my computer.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

That would be "tampering" instead of "hampering"
Sorry for the confusion, time to hit the sack.
Carlos

"Carlos" wrote:

> Ryan:
> Open regedit.
> Go to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Curren tVersion\Uninstall
> Delete all Nero leftover registry entries you may find there.
> Remember, hampering with the registry is dangerous.
> Do this at your own risk, backup those entries before deleting them.
> Carlos
> P.S.: Smoking is also dangerous. Backup your lungs before lighting that
> cigarette
>

> "Ryan" wrote:
>
> > I cannot delete three, count them, three Nero 7 essentials entries from my
> > add/remove programs. I have deleted all of the registry entries, to my
> > knowledge, have contacted Nero tech support, but no luck. The entries are
> > there without "change" or "remove" buttons. Please help. THis is restricting
> > me from uploading Nero 8 ultra to my computer.

=?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=

Carlos,

I have deleted the entries, however, via a different method. Thank you
for your response.

I have another question. I am trying to install Nero 8, however, when I
download the program, it tells me that a "different application (e.g. Windows
Update) has requested a reboot. Please reboot to continue installation." I
have rebooted, and the same message occurs every time. Now, this has caused
me to delete every scrap of Nero software from my registry. Believe me,
every scrap is gone, however, when I try to install Nero 8, I still get the
notification. Nero is no help. They are so apathetic, it isn't even funny.
Can you or someone else help me investigate which program is asking for a
reboot, which, consequently, is restricting my installation to Nero 8?
Please someone help.

"Ryan" wrote:

> I cannot delete three, count them, three Nero 7 essentials entries from my
> add/remove programs. I have deleted all of the registry entries, to my
> knowledge, have contacted Nero tech support, but no luck. The entries are
> there without "change" or "remove" buttons. Please help. THis is restricting
> me from uploading Nero 8 ultra to my computer.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Ryan:
There may be still Nero 7 leftovers disturbing your Nero 8 install.
Use Nero 7 clean tool
http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-cleantools.html
Read the instrucctions and download the tool.
Carlos

"Ryan" wrote:

> Carlos,
>
> I have deleted the entries, however, via a different method. Thank you
> for your response.
>
> I have another question. I am trying to install Nero 8, however, when I
> download the program, it tells me that a "different application (e.g. Windows
> Update) has requested a reboot. Please reboot to continue installation." I
> have rebooted, and the same message occurs every time. Now, this has caused
> me to delete every scrap of Nero software from my registry. Believe me,
> every scrap is gone, however, when I try to install Nero 8, I still get the
> notification. Nero is no help. They are so apathetic, it isn't even funny.
> Can you or someone else help me investigate which program is asking for a
> reboot, which, consequently, is restricting my installation to Nero 8?
> Please someone help.
>

> "Ryan" wrote:
>
> > I cannot delete three, count them, three Nero 7 essentials entries from my
> > add/remove programs. I have deleted all of the registry entries, to my
> > knowledge, have contacted Nero tech support, but no luck. The entries are
> > there without "change" or "remove" buttons. Please help. THis is restricting
> > me from uploading Nero 8 ultra to my computer.

Jud Hendrix

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 05:31:00 -0700, Carlos
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ryan:
>There may be still Nero 7 leftovers disturbing your Nero 8 install.
>Use Nero 7 clean tool
>http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-cleantools.html

The installer which comes with v8 is quite interesting. The more things I
ticked off to not install, the more diskspace it seemed to need. Is this
fixed with the latest release? I don't want to uninstall other programs in
order to install Nero, and then install those programs again....

jud

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Jud:
After the SXS (sidebyside) errors in event viewer caused by some Nero 8
trial apps, I reverted back to Nero 7.
According to poster "Kue" there is a newer Nero 8 version (8.1.2.0)
available here
Nero Online Shop: https://webshop.nero.com/cgi-bin/pages/login/ml=EN
That version is not available in the trials or updates section, only v8.1.1.0b
Carlos