Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless network too slow, why?

Wireless network too slow, why?

r_haarberg@hotmail.com

My wifes laptop works fine and the net speed its just where it should
be.

However, my own laptop is just half the speed it's supposed to be.

Why?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be it should be this way according the the Hardware used.
It is impossible to answer when No technical facts and numbers are included.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My wifes laptop works fine and the net speed its just where it should
> be.
>
> However, my own laptop is just half the speed it's supposed to be.
>
> Why?

pierce

On 10 Okt, 00:19, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
> May be it should be this way according the the Hardware used.
> It is impossible to answer when No technical facts and numbers are included.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> > My wifes laptop works fine and the net speed its just where it should
> > be.

> > However, my own laptop is just half the speed it's supposed to be.

> > Why?

to be that makes no sense....as I know my net has been faster....

technical facts and numbers can be enclosed - just tell me what you
need and how I do it - using Vista Ultimate

Barb Bowman

what brand and hardware model/rev wireless network card? is it built
in? right click computer, then manage, then device manager and
expand the tree and find that network adapter and right click, then
properties. what driver version?

is this a USB wireless card attached to a USB 1.0 port (would be
slower)? what brand computer and model, etc?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP