Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Camcorders

DVD Camcorders

Leigh-Anne

My friend took his DVD Camcorder on holiday, took loads of video.
But when he went to finial a DVD-RW, on the last bit, it said failed, i can
read it, but cant copy anything off.
Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it toast.

Thx

sandy58

On Oct 9, 8:19 pm, "Leigh-Anne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My friend took his DVD Camcorder on holiday, took loads of video.
> But when he went to finial a DVD-RW, on the last bit, it said failed, i can
> read it, but cant copy anything off.
> Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it toast.
>
> Thx

He took a lot of stuff but the last one failed or ALL failed in the
end? You can SEE the video material on your PC but are unable to copy?
Correct, Leigh-Ann?

Leigh-Anne

"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Oct 9, 8:19 pm, "Leigh-Anne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> My friend took his DVD Camcorder on holiday, took loads of video.
>> But when he went to finial a DVD-RW, on the last bit, it said failed, i
>> can
>> read it, but cant copy anything off.
>> Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it toast.
>>
>> Thx

> He took a lot of stuff but the last one failed or ALL failed in the
> end? You can SEE the video material on your PC but are unable to copy?
> Correct, Leigh-Ann?

Cant playback on DVD camcorder, and PC.

nesredep egrob

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:45:20 GMT, "Leigh-Anne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> On Oct 9, 8:19 pm, "Leigh-Anne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> My friend took his DVD Camcorder on holiday, took loads of video.
>>> But when he went to finial a DVD-RW, on the last bit, it said failed, i
>>> can
>>> read it, but cant copy anything off.
>>> Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it toast.
>>>
>>> Thx

>> He took a lot of stuff but the last one failed or ALL failed in the
>> end? You can SEE the video material on your PC but are unable to copy?
>> Correct, Leigh-Ann?
>>

>Cant playback on DVD camcorder, and PC.

Take things easy - put the holiday pics away for now, record something new out
of the window or whatever and work on that. See to it that the pictures show in
Play mode - if not contact the manufacturers or better still read the
instruction manual. Mine shows two types of recordings, video and VR. With video
you have to plug in to power from the mains to enable the neccesary FINISHING
with VR mode you require special software or you can get away with Roxio

If recorded in VR mode, have a look at womble.com for editing. there is a 30
days trial with that program

Borge in sunny Perth, Australia

Bill Vermillion

In article <ALROi.4330$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Leigh-Anne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> On Oct 9, 8:19 pm, "Leigh-Anne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> My friend took his DVD Camcorder on holiday, took loads of video.
>>> But when he went to finial a DVD-RW, on the last bit, it said failed, i
>>> can
>>> read it, but cant copy anything off.
>>> Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it toast.
>>>
>>> Thx

>> He took a lot of stuff but the last one failed or ALL failed in the
>> end? You can SEE the video material on your PC but are unable to copy?
>> Correct, Leigh-Ann?
>>

>Cant playback on DVD camcorder, and PC.

Check out isobuster. It can recover a lot of things and be set
to add 00's or skip data. I had one DVD that took overnight to
get most of the data off a disk that nothing else would touch.

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

Aaron J. Bossig

"Leigh-Anne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:kvQOi.6941$(E-Mail Removed):

> My friend took his DVD Camcorder on holiday, took loads of video.
> But when he went to finial a DVD-RW, on the last bit, it said failed,
> i can read it, but cant copy anything off.
> Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it
> toast.

FWIW, I'd worked with these camcorders for the better part of two
years, and I heard this story A LOT. When DVD cams fail, they fail
big-time, and often take the precious memories of their owners with
them.

To anyone who's in the market for a camcorder: please, please, please
get yourself a MiniDV or HDD-based camera and burn your own DVDs
with a PC. You'll have a lot more control over your media and probably
save yourself a few bucks in the long run.

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com