Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Need Help with Wireless Network Setup

Need Help with Wireless Network Setup

BERNARD PATERNOSTER

I recently installed a Netgear Wireless network card in my PC. I have an
iPAQ 2415 and connot seem to get it to link up properly. I would like to
use my computer as an access hub for the internet and be able to use my PDA
as a terminal. That way, for instance, I could look up information ie.
Recipes, while in the kitchen on my PDA instead of printing them out in one
room and going back to the kitchen or, being in the living room and wanting
to look up something on the net while watching TV.
I am a novice when it comes to wireless networking. I have used my PDA a
couple of times in areas that had free net access and it worked fine. I can
get my PDA and computer to acknowledge each other but that is as far as it
goes.
I am using an iPAQ 2415, upgraded to WM5 instead of WM2003SE. Can anyone
give me some insight or direct me toward a website that could help me?

Thanks ahead,

JTMcD.

--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand
ready to do violence on their behalf.......G.Orwell

Sooner Al [MVP]

This page should help...Modify as needed for the WM5 OS...

http://www.geocities.com/grieg_winter/adhoc/index.html

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...