Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > make html/tabs working in an emal file.

make html/tabs working in an emal file.

chunji08@gmail.com

Hi all,
I have such things in my Ant scritp to send a daily report to my group
member,
"
<target name="email_2_team">
<mail from="(E-Mail Removed)"
tolist="(E-Mail Removed)"
subject="Today's migration results "
messagemimetype="text/html"
messagefile="migrate.html"/>
</target>
"
Since the report becomes more and more complicated, I am just
wondering if I could put some tabs in that html file, so that when
they open their email in ms/outlook, or any IE, Mozilla, they may
click the tabs and see results page by page ?

Can someone give me some advise if it is possible ? How to put it in
one html file? Any simple example will be very helpful !

Thanks a lot !

Chun

David Dorward

On Oct 9, 7:09 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Since the report becomes more and more complicated, I am just
> wondering if I could put some tabs in that html file, so that when
> they open their email in ms/outlook, or any IE, Mozilla, they may
> click the tabs and see results page by page ?

HTML formatted emails are generally viewed in clients that have strict
"no javascript' policies, so this isn't possible.

I'd suggest a plain text report with a link to a version on a
webserver if people want the pretty version.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/

chunji08@gmail.com

On Oct 10, 5:56 am, David Dorward <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Oct 9, 7:09 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Since the report becomes more and more complicated, I am just
> > wondering if I could put some tabs in that html file, so that when
> > they open their email in ms/outlook, or any IE, Mozilla, they may
> > click the tabs and see results page by page ?

> HTML formatted emails are generally viewed in clients that have strict
> "no javascript' policies, so this isn't possible.
>
> I'd suggest a plain text report with a link to a version on a
> webserver if people want the pretty version.
>
> --
> David Dorwardhttp://dorward.me.uk/http://blog.dorward.me.uk/

Thank you for the tips, that saves me lots of time.

Appreciated !

Chun