Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > System.Diagnostics

System.Diagnostics

=?Utf-8?B?QXJuZSBHYXJ2YW5kZXI=?=

I would like to put a switch in my web.config that can configure and will let
me logsinformation to a textfile. Where can I find an example for that?
--
Arne Garvander
Certified Geek

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The Enterprise Library, which is a free download from Microsoft, has logging
capability, driven from a config file. The latest version also has a policy
injection block, which is useful for specifying when a particular message
should be logged (type of error, etc.) and is attribute driven. There is
plenty of documentation with the block, should you go this route.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

| Think outside the box!

"Arne Garvander" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to put a switch in my web.config that can configure and will
>let
> me logsinformation to a textfile. Where can I find an example for that?
> --
> Arne Garvander
> Certified Geek
> Professional Data Dude

=?Utf-8?B?QXJuZSBHYXJ2YW5kZXI=?=

Last time I looked at the Enterprise Library, there was no way to log to an
email account, which I would prefer.
--
Arne Garvander
Certified Geek

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" wrote:

> The Enterprise Library, which is a free download from Microsoft, has logging
> capability, driven from a config file. The latest version also has a policy
> injection block, which is useful for specifying when a particular message
> should be logged (type of error, etc.) and is attribute driven. There is
> plenty of documentation with the block, should you go this route.
>
> --
> Gregory A. Beamer
> MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

> | Think outside the box!

> "Arne Garvander" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I would like to put a switch in my web.config that can configure and will
> >let
> > me logsinformation to a textfile. Where can I find an example for that?
> > --
> > Arne Garvander
> > Certified Geek
> > Professional Data Dude

=?Utf-8?B?SmF5IFBvbmR5?=

Look into ASP.Net "Health Monitoring" and "Custom Event Providers"

"Arne Garvander" wrote:

> I would like to put a switch in my web.config that can configure and will let
> me logsinformation to a textfile. Where can I find an example for that?
> --
> Arne Garvander
> Certified Geek
> Professional Data Dude

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I am not sure if it is built in (will have to look), but you can more easily
extend the block today than you could before. Log4Net will log to email,
with the SMTPAppender:

http://logging.apache.org/log4net/

For config, see:
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/re...-examples.html