Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > linksys wrv54g

linksys wrv54g

=?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=

I installed a replacement linksys wireless router wrv54g. When windows xp
loads desktop, my green light on LAN port turn to amber. System seems to
function properly but cannot correct the amber light. Has anyone experienced
this problem?

Malke

Jerry wrote:

> I installed a replacement linksys wireless router wrv54g. When
> windows xp
> loads desktop, my green light on LAN port turn to amber. System seems
> function properly but cannot correct the amber light. Has anyone
> experienced this problem?

That's just the color of the light on that particular router. My Linksys
Wireless-G access point has an amber light for LAN, too.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

=?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=

I don't believe that is correct.
The light is green before windows desktop loads. In addition, the previous
same model router had a green light during operation..

"Malke" wrote:

> Jerry wrote:
>
> > I installed a replacement linksys wireless router wrv54g. When
> > windows xp
> > loads desktop, my green light on LAN port turn to amber. System seems
> > function properly but cannot correct the amber light. Has anyone
> > experienced this problem?

> That's just the color of the light on that particular router. My Linksys
> Wireless-G access point has an amber light for LAN, too.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

Malke

Jerry wrote:

> I don't believe that is correct.
> The light is green before windows desktop loads. In addition, the
> previous same model router had a green light during operation..

Well, my light is amber and my network has been working perfectly for
over a year and the colors match up to what is specified in the manual
for my device. If your device is different and your manual says the
light should be green, contact Linksys tech support for advice as to
what is wrong and for a possible replacement.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"

=?Utf-8?B?U2t1bGxib25l?=

I had this problem and it actually went to red. Discussion with techs
revealed that plugging in the router first and then the modem or vice versa
is the problem. Simply unplug both from the wall, then plug the router in
first followed by the modem. If that fails, unplug both from the wall, plug
in the modem first followed by the router. One of these two worked for my
system.

VPN: Linksys WRV54G to Pix BG Cisco 7 08-12-2006 10:40 AM
Cisco 2621 w/Firewall IOS and Linksys WRV54G sphealey Cisco 4 03-20-2006 10:43 AM
Linksys WRV54G dt1649651@yahoo.com Cisco 0 05-25-2005 10:34 PM
linksys WRV54G + Cisco VPN 3000 concentrator mbike Cisco 0 02-01-2004 04:21 PM

Advertisments