Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Setting the Framework version on Deployment

Setting the Framework version on Deployment

segdae22@gmail.com

I have created a setup project for my webservice. So far I've been
able to set the name of the virtual directory and a number of other
custom properties but the one thing I can't seem to figure out how to
do is to specify which version of the framework the virtual directory
should run under. My setup works great except for the fact that it
defaults to the 1.1 framework instead of the 2.0 which causes the site
to fail to load. Is there a way I can set the framework version in
the setup project so it doesn't have to be manually changed in IIS
after the setup is complete?

Nick Chan

right click on the virtual directory > properties >
u SHOULD be able to see asp.net TAB page where u can select the
version.
if not, i'd suggest reinstalling asp.net 2.0

segdae22@gmail.com

On Oct 9, 2:10 am, Nick Chan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> right click on the virtual directory > properties >
> u SHOULD be able to see asp.net TAB page where u can select the
> version.
> if not, i'd suggest reinstalling asp.net 2.0
>
> On Oct 9, 3:38 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

> > I have created a setup project for my webservice. So far I've been
> > able to set the name of the virtual directory and a number of other
> > custom properties but the one thing I can't seem to figure out how to
> > do is to specify which version of the framework the virtual directory
> > should run under. My setup works great except for the fact that it
> > defaults to the 1.1 framework instead of the 2.0 which causes the site
> > to fail to load. Is there a way I can set the framework version in
> > the setup project so it doesn't have to be manually changed in IIS
> > after the setup is complete?- Hide quoted text -

No I want to be able to do this via the Setup package so the web admin
doesn't have to take this step seperately after installing the website
using the setup.exe.