Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > updating pix IDS signitures

updating pix IDS signitures

juanbabi@gmail.com

Hi,

I am enabling the IDS feature on my pix. what is the process of
updating the signiture?
Does the cisco updated the signitures at all? is it an anual fee I
need to pay for cisco? (as in Checkpoint smart defance?)

thanks a lot !

Juan

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) om>,

>I am enabling the IDS feature on my pix. what is the process of
>updating the signiture?

The only way to update the signatures is to upgrade PIX versions.

>Does the cisco updated the signitures at all?

There were no signature updates in PIX 6. I believe that some new
signatures got added in PIX 7 (relative to PIX 6).

In several years, I found the PIX IDS useful only -once-. The rest
of the time, it either produced nothing, or produced lots of messages
that were "noise" because they represented constant conditions
in the outside network that we had no control over (e.g., people
sharing the network and whom had NETBIOS broadcasts turned on.)

Updating JTable Atomically - block data changes while updating. news.rcn.com Java 2 12-10-2007 11:49 AM
after transfer of data from MS-outlook(mail ids) to application,mail ids are consisting of strange characters vamsikrishna_b@coolgoose.com Python 2 06-21-2005 12:41 PM
How to test PIX IDS Erwin Lopez Cisco 2 06-25-2004 04:54 PM
PIX IDS Monitoring Mark Cisco 2 05-18-2004 07:24 PM
IDS policy on PIX Brian Bergin Cisco 5 11-30-2003 07:07 PM

Advertisments