Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > bluetooth devices

bluetooth devices

=?Utf-8?B?c3RlcGhlbmtyZXBwZWw=?=

I cannot find "bluetooth devices" in my control panel. It seems to have
vanished! Any ideas?

Stephen

Phillips

You have to have some bluetooth device connected.
Michael

"stephenkreppel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I cannot find "bluetooth devices" in my control panel. It seems to have
> vanished! Any ideas?
>
> Stephen

=?Utf-8?B?c3RlcGhlbmtyZXBwZWw=?=

I do, I think. I have a Motorola usb bluetooth adapter inserted, though I
admit it is not to be seen in My Computer.

"Phillips" wrote:

> You have to have some bluetooth device connected.
> Michael
>
> "stephenkreppel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I cannot find "bluetooth devices" in my control panel. It seems to have
> > vanished! Any ideas?
> >
> > Stephen

Phillips

Use Add/Remove hardware wizard to install your hardware - the USB BT. XP SP2
has its own BT stack; if you want to use another BT stack (widcom, for ex),
load (in wizard) the drivers from the CD - or website.
Another possible cause would be UPnP services deactivated - the Plug'nPray
device is thus not discovered.
Michael
"stephenkreppel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I do, I think. I have a Motorola usb bluetooth adapter inserted, though I
> admit it is not to be seen in My Computer.
>
> "Phillips" wrote:
>
>> You have to have some bluetooth device connected.
>> Michael
>>
>> "stephenkreppel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I cannot find "bluetooth devices" in my control panel. It seems to have
>> > vanished! Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Stephen

=?Utf-8?B?Qmp1cnJhbg==?=

Check to see if anything shows up in system explorer. I've had some problems
with Windows Update replacing my Bluetooth drivers (Billionton) with other
drivers. If so, change back the drivers to your the ones for your device...