Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > "Use Windows to configure ..." is checked automatically

"Use Windows to configure ..." is checked automatically

=?Utf-8?B?TmFyZXNo?=

Hi,
Am working on Wifi application development on XP-SP2. My application will
enable/disable the WZC based on user selection. From sometime back, my
IBM-R51 development laptop is behaving strangly. I found that "Use Windows to
configure my wireless network settings" is always checked. I tried to modify
the registry
settings(HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WZCSVC\Parameters \Interfaces\{NetcfgInstanceId}\ControlFlags),
but again, it will be checked in GUI as well as registry settings.

Only workaround is to stop the WZC service.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Naresh

=?Utf-8?B?TmFyZXNo?=

When I tried to uncheck it from GUI, I am getting error message saying
"Atleast one of your changes was not applied successfully to the wireless
configuration."

Naresh

"Naresh" wrote:

> Hi,
> Am working on Wifi application development on XP-SP2. My application will
> enable/disable the WZC based on user selection. From sometime back, my
> IBM-R51 development laptop is behaving strangly. I found that "Use Windows to
> configure my wireless network settings" is always checked. I tried to modify
> the registry
> settings(HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WZCSVC\Parameters \Interfaces\{NetcfgInstanceId}\ControlFlags),
> but again, it will be checked in GUI as well as registry settings.
>
> Only workaround is to stop the WZC service.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated,
> Naresh

Pavel A.

Hi,
Use the new "native wi-fi" API described on MSDN site.
Don't tamper with the WZC servise, this is WRONG way.

For more details please visit misrosoft.public.win32.programmer.networks or programmer.kernel,
or MSDN SDK forums.

Regards,
--PA

"Naresh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I tried to uncheck it from GUI, I am getting error message saying
> "Atleast one of your changes was not applied successfully to the wireless
> configuration."
>
> Naresh
>
> "Naresh" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Am working on Wifi application development on XP-SP2. My application will
>> enable/disable the WZC based on user selection. From sometime back, my
>> IBM-R51 development laptop is behaving strangly. I found that "Use Windows to
>> configure my wireless network settings" is always checked. I tried to modify
>> the registry
>> settings(HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WZCSVC\Parameters \Interfaces\{NetcfgInstanceId}\ControlFlags),
>> but again, it will be checked in GUI as well as registry settings.
>>
>> Only workaround is to stop the WZC service.
>>
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated,
>> Naresh

=?Utf-8?B?TmFyZXNo?=

Thanks Pavel,
Since I was not able to uncheck it from GUI, I tried to modify the registry
& still it didn't work. Later I found on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918450, that this issue was caused by group
policy & hence once I removed my computer from domain controller & added to
WORKGROUP, I was able to uncheck it from GUI.

Thanks for your kind help,
Naresh