Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > View Available Wireless Networks Blank

View Available Wireless Networks Blank

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tbXk=?=

Hello my name is Tommy, I am using XP Home with a USB wireless adapter and
when I try to View Available wireless networks everything is grayed out and
no networks show, I have tried another adapter and get the same thing, I have
used another notebook with the current usb adapters and everything works
fine. Windows is still SP1 on this machine. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Could this be a Virus?
Thanks for any help

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tbXk=?=

I also forgot to mention the type of usb adapter I was using, it is a Linksys
WUSB54G

ato_zee@hotmail.com

On 22-Jan-2006, "=?Utf-8?B?VG9tbXk=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have tried another adapter and get the same thing, I have
> > used another notebook with the current usb adapters and everything works
> > fine. Windows is still SP1 on this machine

Requirements for a wireless connection include successfully installing
the USB adapter, look in Administrative Tools, Hardware, to see if there
are any device warnings. Then you have to have the nework set up to
talk to the USB wireless adapter. Some think just installing the USB
adapters drivers is sufficient to create a network.

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tbXk=?=

This was a working network, everything worked, the adapter the computer, the
network, and now it doesn't. The adapter is still good, so my question is
still why can't I view available networks, I know that it is not bad drivers
for the adapter as I have installed a different adapter and still can't see
any available networks.

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> On 22-Jan-2006, "=?Utf-8?B?VG9tbXk=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I have tried another adapter and get the same thing, I have
> > > used another notebook with the current usb adapters and everything works
> > > fine. Windows is still SP1 on this machine

> Requirements for a wireless connection include successfully installing
> the USB adapter, look in Administrative Tools, Hardware, to see if there
> are any device warnings. Then you have to have the nework set up to
> talk to the USB wireless adapter. Some think just installing the USB
> adapters drivers is sufficient to create a network.

Scope

I have a similar problem. Everything was working, but for some reason
stopped.
I'm using a Belkin wireless-G card (FD57001) and a Belkin router.
No signs of errors anywhere, except for the fact that I can't see the
network.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...