Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Hung by the Neck

Hung by the Neck

~~NoMad~~

For years now photographers have been recognized by their massive neck
straps supporting their heavy camera equipment. Companies put their names on
these huge straps for advertising and status symbol effect. Nowadays point &
shoot cameras and cell phones are taking over the majority of photography.
But, will the concept of the huge neck strap end as a symbol of the elite
photographer?

Personally, I would like a quality wrist mounted camera that would lead to a
new symbol for photography: Two fists together as the photographer sights
across their forearm to the subject. What do you think?

NM

Randall Ainsworth

In article <feao3c$4hd$(E-Mail Removed)>, ~~NoMad~~
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Personally, I would like a quality wrist mounted camera that would lead to a
> new symbol for photography: Two fists together as the photographer sights
> across their forearm to the subject. What do you think?

I think you've been using your fists for something more personal.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

~~NoMad~~ wrote:

> For years now photographers have been recognized by their massive neck
> straps supporting their heavy camera equipment. Companies put their
> names on these huge straps for advertising and status symbol effect.
> Nowadays point & shoot cameras and cell phones are taking over the
> majority of photography. But, will the concept of the huge neck strap
> end as a symbol of the elite photographer?

Maybe the ripcord from a tampon will work?

Rita

Daniel Silevitch

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 06:48:18 -0700, ~~NoMad~~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> For years now photographers have been recognized by their massive neck
> straps supporting their heavy camera equipment. Companies put their names on
> these huge straps for advertising and status symbol effect. Nowadays point &
> shoot cameras and cell phones are taking over the majority of photography.
> But, will the concept of the huge neck strap end as a symbol of the elite
> photographer?
>
> Personally, I would like a quality wrist mounted camera that would lead to a
> new symbol for photography: Two fists together as the photographer sights
> across their forearm to the subject. What do you think?

Perhaps someone will start selling a heavy-duty heck strap designed to
hold a cell phone.

-dms

Jer

~~NoMad~~ wrote:
> For years now photographers have been recognized by their massive neck
> straps supporting their heavy camera equipment. Companies put their names on
> these huge straps for advertising and status symbol effect. Nowadays point &
> shoot cameras and cell phones are taking over the majority of photography.
> But, will the concept of the huge neck strap end as a symbol of the elite
> photographer?
>
> Personally, I would like a quality wrist mounted camera that would lead to a
> new symbol for photography: Two fists together as the photographer sights
> across their forearm to the subject. What do you think?
>
> NM

I want to know what drug you're on and how much for a half ounce?

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Jeff R.

"~~NoMad~~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:feao3c$4hd$(E-Mail Removed)...

> For years now photographers have been recognized by their massive neck
> straps supporting their heavy camera equipment. Companies put their names
> on these huge straps for advertising and status symbol effect. Nowadays
> point & shoot cameras and cell phones are taking over the majority of
> photography. But, will the concept of the huge neck strap end as a symbol
> of the elite photographer?
>
> Personally, I would like a quality wrist mounted camera that would lead to
> a new symbol for photography: Two fists together as the photographer
> sights across their forearm to the subject. What do you think?
>
> NM

Dick?
Dick Tracy?

Is that you?

--
J.

Ron Hunter

~~NoMad~~ wrote:
> For years now photographers have been recognized by their massive neck
> straps supporting their heavy camera equipment. Companies put their names on
> these huge straps for advertising and status symbol effect. Nowadays point &
> shoot cameras and cell phones are taking over the majority of photography.
> But, will the concept of the huge neck strap end as a symbol of the elite
> photographer?
>
> Personally, I would like a quality wrist mounted camera that would lead to a
> new symbol for photography: Two fists together as the photographer sights
> across their forearm to the subject. What do you think?
>
> NM

I think you need less time to think about such things. Get a hobby
(other than photography), and fill that time!