Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unable to update video driver on Dell Inspiron 6000

Unable to update video driver on Dell Inspiron 6000

Evan Platt

I have a Inspiron 6000 Laptop running XP Pro with video card:
Video CardIntegrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 GraphicsINTVID .

I've downloaded the latest drivers from both Dell's site and Intel's
site.

Downloading from Intel's site says the installation says "An unknown
error has occured. Setup will exit."

Downloading the driver from Dell's site, it gets through copying all
the files, then says Access Is Denied.

Tried in Safe mode, same results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Evan

Sano

- Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> - wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a Inspiron 6000 Laptop running XP Pro with video card:
> Video CardIntegrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 GraphicsINTVID .
>
> I've downloaded the latest drivers from both Dell's site and Intel's
> site.
>
> Downloading from Intel's site says the installation says "An unknown
> error has occured. Setup will exit."
>
> Downloading the driver from Dell's site, it gets through copying all
> the files, then says Access Is Denied.
>
> Tried in Safe mode, same results.

$0.02
Have you removed all vid cards from whatever Device Manager is called
in XP? It'll probably wanna reboot.

JANA

Un install the drivers and software for your display card. Then re-install.

Better yet, call DELL customer support. They may have a suggestion that is
best.

--

JANA
_____

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 23:37:56 -0000, Sano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>$0.02
>Have you removed all vid cards from whatever Device Manager is called
>in XP? It'll probably wanna reboot.

Yep. It then readds the older drivers.

Evan Platt

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 21:08:33 -0400, "JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Un install the drivers and software for your display card. Then re-install.

Tried that, same errors. Even in safe mode.

>Better yet, call DELL customer support. They may have a suggestion that is
>best.

I doubt it.. Plus I'm out of the free support period AFAIK.

chuckcar

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a Inspiron 6000 Laptop running XP Pro with video card:
> Video CardIntegrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 GraphicsINTVID .
>
> I've downloaded the latest drivers from both Dell's site and Intel's
> site.
>
> Downloading from Intel's site says the installation says "An unknown
> error has occured. Setup will exit."
>
> Downloading the driver from Dell's site, it gets through copying all
> the files, then says Access Is Denied.
>
> Tried in Safe mode, same results.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Evan

Uninstall the intel drivers and leave *only* the dell drivers.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 10:38:33 -0400, chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Uninstall the intel drivers and leave *only* the dell drivers.

Even tried in safe mode. If I remove the drivers, as soon as I reboot
XP reinstalls with the proper Intel drivers. If I uninstall the
drivers and then run the setup.exe, it gives me an error about a
missing file? Doesn't even start to copy files over. (Yeah, I didn't
write down the error, but it was incredibly vague - "One or more files
is missing" or something. Nothing specific.