Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ubuntu Feisty Fawn 7.04

Ubuntu Feisty Fawn 7.04

Lorenzo 1950

Seems my internet connect icon is missing from the panel. Is there a manual
way to connect?
I reinstalled Ubuntu a second time using wubi but I have the same problem.
Missing icon.
Cannot connect manually.
I have a Motorola Cable Modem, Dell Dimension 8200, Linksys Wireless-G
Router.
Linux is good but this connection problem ain't so good.

Mike Easter

Lorenzo 1950 wrote:
> Seems my internet connect icon is missing from the panel. Is there a
> manual way to connect?

What is your ethernet card?

> Cannot connect manually.
> I have a Motorola Cable Modem, Dell Dimension 8200, Linksys Wireless-G
> Router.

According to Dell, the 8200 mobo doesn't have an integrated ethernet, so
you must have a PCI card for your ethernet.

Some ethernet cards need a little extra 'handholding' or such as
ndiswrapper to work.

Are you talking about the liveCD not seeing the eth0 or a hdd install?

--
Mike Easter