Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How to share printer ?

How to share printer ?

Yuke

I got the files shared thanks to Malke. Thank you. But I'm still having a
hard time configuring the printer. I went to ControlPanel > Printer > Share
this printer and when it asked me to type in the printer name on the network
although I typed in the printer name correctly which is "Printer1" it give
me an error message saying it can't find that printer on the network.

I don't know what I should do. Please help me on this. My set-up is pretty
simple I guess. I have a desktop and a laptop both with Windows XP and I
have a Lynksis wireless network router for the laptop.

Thank you

yuke

Robert Jacobs

When you install the printer, in add printers, you must set it up as a
network printer, not a local printer.

"Yuke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I got the files shared thanks to Malke. Thank you. But I'm still having a
>hard time configuring the printer. I went to ControlPanel > Printer > Share
>this printer and when it asked me to type in the printer name on the
>network although I typed in the printer name correctly which is "Printer1"
>it give me an error message saying it can't find that printer on the
>network.
>
> I don't know what I should do. Please help me on this. My set-up is pretty
> simple I guess. I have a desktop and a laptop both with Windows XP and I
> have a Lynksis wireless network router for the laptop.
>
> Thank you
>
> yuke

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBNaWxsZXI=?=

I am having the same probs - not as simple as adding network printer though.
I have 2 x dell laptops, both running XP Home (SP2); 2 x BT voyager 1060
wireless adapter; 1 x Linksys WAG54G(UK) wireless-g ADSL . I have connected
to the Internet (BT broadband) simply enough but have run the network set up
wizard till am blue in the face but without apparent success at joining my 2
laptops so that they can share files and share printer.

I keep getting the error message regarding the Wireless Zero Configuration;
have enabled it, disabled it and set to auto but still no joy. Is this a red
herring?

On both laptops I do however see the wireless connection symbols - wirelss
connection and signal strength and both seem to tell me that I am connected.
Not sure or confident as to actual status; have asked each computer to map
the network and neither shows that it sees the other.

Firewall is, I think, disabled on both laptops. Would VERY MUCH appreciate
some guidance and ideally be able to speak it through with someone.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Paul Miller