Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Site to Site VPN with PIX 515e and Linksys RV082

Site to Site VPN with PIX 515e and Linksys RV082

Richard

I've been trying to get a site to site vpn up and running between 2 sites,
one with a pix 515e and one with a linksys RV082.

The VPN is connecting and staying connected, but after 5 minutes routing is
stopping between the 2 networks and i'm unable to access anything across the
tunnel until I disconnect and reconnect.

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks

-Richard

Walter Roberson

In article <q0uAf.4169$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com>,
Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I've been trying to get a site to site vpn up and running between 2 sites,
>one with a pix 515e and one with a linksys RV082.

>The VPN is connecting and staying connected, but after 5 minutes routing is
>stopping between the 2 networks and i'm unable to access anything across the
>tunnel until I disconnect and reconnect.

>Any ideas what might be the problem?

5 minutes suggests that the route is timing out. If it
were 3 minutes, most likely would be ARP entries timing out.

I'd be inclined to investigate the ARP situation first.
You are probably using nat 0 access-list on the PIX: if so, then
you need to know that proxy ARP is disabled for such IPs, and
that can end up looking like the situation you are experiencing.

I want to create Site to Site VPN with Cisco PIX501 and Linksys RV082 thanhtike@gmail.com Cisco 1 09-10-2007 10:03 PM
515e PIX to 501 PIX - site to site vpn Jim.Seedlenissip@gmail.com Cisco 1 02-22-2007 09:31 AM
Cisco PIX 515E and Linksys WRV 200 VPN Tunnel =?iso-8859-2?Q?S=B3awek?= Cisco 1 12-11-2006 04:16 PM
RV082 VPN to PIX Tiny Cisco 1 03-29-2005 01:38 AM
Linksys RV082: new VPN load-balance router end user too Cisco 3 01-16-2004 02:50 PM

Advertisments