Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > "Profile" and "Session" not accessible in ASP.NET app

"Profile" and "Session" not accessible in ASP.NET app

R.A.M.

Hello,
I am writing ASP.NET application in which I need to use User Profiles and
Session mechanisms.
Here I include part of my source code (Admin.cs):

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Data.Sql;
using System.Data.SqlClient;
using System.Data.SqlTypes;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.SessionState;
using System.Web.Hosting;
using System.Web.Profile;
using System.Diagnostics;

/// <summary>
/// Administrative settings and functions
/// </summary>
public static class Admin
{
/// <summary>
/// Default database name
/// </summary>
public static string DefaultDatabase
{
get
{
if (Profile.Database != null) // HERE PROBLEM #1
return Profile.Database.ToString();
}
}

/// <summary>
/// Current database name
/// </summary>
public static string Database
{
set
{
Session["Database"] = value; // HERE PROBLEM #2
}
}
}

I have compile-time errors:
#1: Name "Profile" doesn't exist in current context
#2: Name "Session" doesn't exist in current context

In Web.config I have:
<profile defaultProvider="SqlProfileProvider">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add name="SqlProfileProvider"
type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider"
connectionStringName="SqlServices" applicationName="MIMMagazyn"/>
</providers>
<properties>
<add name="OperatorName" type="String"/>
<add name="Database" type="String"/>
<add name="DefaultStockName" type="String"/>
<add name="DefaultCategoryName" type="String"/>
<add name="Remarks" type="String"/>
</properties>
</profile>

Could you tell me please how to use Session and Profile in my code? Did I
missed something?
/RAM/

Michael Nemtsev, MVP

Hello R.A.M.,

What's the the Profile.Database? where did u get this?

---
WBR,

R.A.M.

jesse.houwing at sogeti.nl