Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB on PS2 KVM?

USB on PS2 KVM?

vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com

Assuming an incoming (AOpen) computer is only UBS and we have a PS/2
KVM switch, and that we want to run a 75MHz on DOS6 and W98 as well as
this new 2GHz XP machine, can we just use the typical PS2 to USB
converter?

- = -
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Joey Goggles

On Oct 6, 6:09 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Assuming an incoming (AOpen) computer is only UBS and we have a PS/2
> KVM switch, and that we want to run a 75MHz on DOS6 and W98 as well as
> this new 2GHz XP machine, can we just use the typical PS2 to USB
> converter?
>
> - = -
> Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
> [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
> [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

You need a USB A-male to Dual PS/2 Female converter. Best Buy and
other tech stores carry them.
See the thread "Using PS/2 Keyboard on USB " in this NG.

Joe Ambrose

vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com

Many thanks. I thought because I would be doing the opposite (using a
PS2 keyboard on a USB computer) it would be trouble.

- = -
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

PS2 (PlayStation 2) to USB? Kyle :o\) Computer Support 12 04-18-2006 03:23 AM
PS2 (keyboard & mouse) to USB Mobius Computer Support 7 09-12-2005 06:21 PM
usb / ps2 Molecule Computer Support 8 02-22-2005 09:09 AM
PS2 Gamers -- Any USB Headset With Voice Command Games? Blinky the Shark Computer Support 3 09-13-2004 08:52 AM
PS2 to USB adaptor. Alasdair Baxter Computer Support 6 06-27-2004 04:40 PM

Advertisments