Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Change ASMX WS to WCF for exiting client

Change ASMX WS to WCF for exiting client

Saar Carmi

Hi

I hope this is the right group to ask this question (please advice
otherwise)

I have ASMX Web service and client which are already deployed to
production.
I want to switch my WS to WCF.

It looks like the basic http binding generates a different structure
of WSDL.
Is there a way to switch to WCF without breaking the exiting clients?
I don't have an option to redeploy the clients.
I guess that the WCF's WSDL output has to be the same in order to
support it.

Thanks
Saar

Michael Nemtsev, MVP

Hello Saar,

have u tried to generate the new service reference for the WCF service and
subsitute current reference to the new one?

and changing the web.config

---
WBR,