Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Sp3?

Alessandro

Hello all,
First of all I apologize for my English, I am Italian and I am writing here
because there isn't an Italian newsgroup on Windows 64bit edition.
Do u think a sp3 will be released for Xp Professional x64 Edition?
Thanks
Aleck

S.SubZero

Since XP64 uses the same codebase as Server 2003, it will depend on if
MS wants to release another SP for Server 2003. It's not impossible,
but it won't be anytime soon.

What problem are you having that you think a service pack will fix?

Alessandro

Thanks for answer me...so tbh i'm new in the 64 bit platform and tbh i
havent problem atm with xp x64, mine was just curiosity...

"S.SubZero" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Since XP64 uses the same codebase as Server 2003, it will depend on if
> MS wants to release another SP for Server 2003. It's not impossible,
> but it won't be anytime soon.
>
> What problem are you having that you think a service pack will fix?

Chuck Walbourn [MSFT]

Most likely your problems with Windows XP x64 Edition are related to drivers
and/or applications both from 3rd parties. Neither of these things will be
fixed by a Microsoft Service Pack.

--
Chuck Walbourn
SDE, XNA Developer Connection