Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Report on Philips DVPS140

Report on Philips DVPS140

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 01:48:27 GMT, nick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Checked Target. Says "out of stock" and lists at $59.99

>Wullll, here's a tip. Do wot I did. Just walk into the
>flaming store, pick up a DVD player, pay the lady, and
>walk the hell out. T'aint bloody rocket science ya know.

Their web site shows store inventories. You apparently don't know.

I walked into my nearest store for the XBox 360 HD DVD USB drive.

They were out of stock, but a quick look at the web site showed four
other area stores that had them IN STOCK. So I had to traverse to
another store.

Are you sure you have this "information age" thing down yet?

>My Target had about 8 of them all for forty bucks. Each.

When though? They are likely out, or the web site doesn't have as live
of a database as it should.

>Are you purposely being a troll?? Or just plain stoopid??

Are you being a ****ing Usenet retard? YES!

**** you asswipe. I wasn't even talking to you.

nick

ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 01:48:27 GMT, nick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Their web site shows store inventories. You apparently don't know.

Oh you poor wee laddie. Get mommy and daddy to take you to an
actual Target store. There you will actually find these players
on sale.

I'm guessing that with your vocabulary, mommy and daddy may have
to do the transaction for you.

And now you go into my kill file. Like a fart on a windy
day, you are gone. The stink only remains a while. Poof.

Tarkus

FWIW, I stopped by a local Target today, and it is indeed on sale for
~$40. I didn't see any boxes on the shelves (where they had other
brands and model numbers), but didn't bother asking if they had any in
back, because I have no need for the player.

UltimatePatriot

Grow the **** up, you little retard.

>I'm guessing that with your vocabulary, mommy and daddy may have
>to do the transaction for you.

Your guessing shows your IQ to be about a 10. Not to mention the
maturity level of this spew here, which you call a reply.

>And now you go into my kill file. Like a fart on a windy
>day, you are gone. The stink only remains a while. Poof.

Amazing how these retarded twits actually think that announcing their
filter file edit sessions have some depth or meaning to anyone in the
real world.

You're a goddamned idiot, boy.

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:16:28 -0700, Tarkus <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>FWIW, I stopped by a local Target today, and it is indeed on sale for
>~$40. I didn't see any boxes on the shelves (where they had other
>brands and model numbers), but didn't bother asking if they had any in
>back, because I have no need for the player.

They are tagged with a slapped on, in house bar code sticker, which is
why they do not show up on the web maintained inventory databases.
Likely, if your store didn't have any on their shelves, they were done
ridding themselves of their units.

There were indeed some at one store I visited, I, however, opted for
the next model up, at $69.00, since it was HDMI out, and upscaled the
video to 1080i. (DVP5960/37) The $30 difference is no big deal, and the
region free hacks still are applicable. A much better player, IMHO.

The nickTard can eat **** and die, for all I care. He is about as
mature as a freshly laid turd.

Tarkus

ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:16:28 -0700, Tarkus <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> FWIW, I stopped by a local Target today, and it is indeed on sale for
>> ~$40. I didn't see any boxes on the shelves (where they had other
>> brands and model numbers), but didn't bother asking if they had any in
>> back, because I have no need for the player.

> They are tagged with a slapped on, in house bar code sticker, which is
> why they do not show up on the web maintained inventory databases.
> Likely, if your store didn't have any on their shelves, they were done
> ridding themselves of their units.

That would be my guess. In my experience, rarely do these stores have
extra stock for sale items like that "in the back." The one recent
exception was Fry's for a digital camera they had on sale, but they're
more of a warehouse type store anyway.

> There were indeed some at one store I visited, I, however, opted for
> the next model up, at $69.00, since it was HDMI out, and upscaled the
> video to 1080i. (DVP5960/37) The $30 difference is no big deal, and the
> region free hacks still are applicable. A much better player, IMHO.

They had several of that model in stock at the store I went to. If I
was in the market for a player, I may have grabbed that one too.

UncleDave

"ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:47:55 -0700, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Where, Dude!???

>>Target.
>>

> Thx. They have a cool "inventory" feature which allows one to find out
> if it is in stock, and if not, display all the nearest stores where it
> is!

There are no Target stores in Canada!! That sucks!!

--- Uncle Dave