Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ST. VITUS DANCE?

ST. VITUS DANCE?

Mo F

My computer has suddenly developed an irritating fault that I can't get to
the root of. Any scrollable text pages will suddenly jump down to the bottom
of the page and at the same time my mouse pointer seems to get a little
sticky and stops or jumps around a bit instead of panning smoothly.
Suspecting a virus or worm or somesuch I have tried all of my many
anti-virus and other cleaner applications to no avail. It mainly seems to
happen when I have a scrollable screen although it is also happening whilst
writing this. It is a comparatively new O.S reinstall (XP Pro) so I was not
expecting this sort of thing.

Any suggestions?
--
M.F. <(E-Mail Removed)>
South Bucks. UK

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Mo F wrote:
> My computer has suddenly developed an irritating fault that I can't get to
> the root of. Any scrollable text pages will suddenly jump down to the bottom
> of the page and at the same time my mouse pointer seems to get a little
> sticky and stops or jumps around a bit instead of panning smoothly.
> Suspecting a virus or worm or somesuch I have tried all of my many
> anti-virus and other cleaner applications to no avail. It mainly seems to
> happen when I have a scrollable screen although it is also happening whilst
> writing this. It is a comparatively new O.S reinstall (XP Pro) so I was not
> expecting this sort of thing.

Nuther mouse?

chuckcar

"Mo F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:kZmNi.50625$(E-Mail Removed):

> My computer has suddenly developed an irritating fault that I can't
> get to the root of. Any scrollable text pages will suddenly jump down
> to the bottom of the page and at the same time my mouse pointer seems
> to get a little sticky and stops or jumps around a bit instead of
> panning smoothly. Suspecting a virus or worm or somesuch I have tried
> all of my many anti-virus and other cleaner applications to no avail.
> It mainly seems to happen when I have a scrollable screen although it
> is also happening whilst writing this. It is a comparatively new O.S
> reinstall (XP Pro) so I was not expecting this sort of thing.
>
> Any suggestions?

Try taking the ball out of the mouse and cleaning all the gunk off the
rollers that hold it in place. Don't use anything metal. Fingernails
work as does a cloth. You might try cleaning the ball too, but this
usually isn't so critical. If you have an optical mouse this won't work
of course. Then you might try cleaning the underside or while the
computer is *completely* off, making sure the plug from the mouse is
properly seated.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

sharadster@gmail.com

On Oct 5, 6:52 am, chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Mo F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote innews:kZmNi.50625$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > My computer has suddenly developed an irritating fault that I can't
> > get to the root of. Any scrollable text pages will suddenly jump down
> > to the bottom of the page and at the same time my mouse pointer seems
> > to get a little sticky and stops or jumps around a bit instead of
> > panning smoothly. Suspecting a virus or worm or somesuch I have tried
> > all of my many anti-virus and other cleaner applications to no avail.
> > It mainly seems to happen when I have a scrollable screen although it
> > is also happening whilst writing this. It is a comparatively new O.S
> > reinstall (XP Pro) so I was not expecting this sort of thing.

> > Any suggestions?

> Try taking the ball out of the mouse and cleaning all the gunk off the
> rollers that hold it in place. Don't use anything metal. Fingernails
> work as does a cloth. You might try cleaning the ball too, but this
> usually isn't so critical. If you have an optical mouse this won't work
> of course. Then you might try cleaning the underside or while the
> computer is *completely* off, making sure the plug from the mouse is
> properly seated.
>
> --
> (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

This is a very common problem, when environment is not condusive to
the work place.
Have a cleaner work place. This is must. All the minute particles seat
on the mouse pad and enter mouse through ball.
Also periodical cleaning of mouse is must.
Cleaning with cottonear bug dipped in after shave lotionwill give good
result.
Good Luck

sk

DemoDisk

"Mo F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kZmNi.50625$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My computer has suddenly developed an irritating fault that I can't

get to
> the root of. Any scrollable text pages will suddenly jump down to the

bottom
> of the page and at the same time my mouse pointer seems to get a

little
> sticky and stops or jumps around a bit instead of panning smoothly.
> Suspecting a virus or worm or somesuch I have tried all of my many
> anti-virus and other cleaner applications to no avail. It mainly seems

> happen when I have a scrollable screen although it is also happening

whilst
> writing this. It is a comparatively new O.S reinstall (XP Pro) so I

was not
> expecting this sort of thing.
>
> Any suggestions?

You shouldn't confuse people with misleading subject lines. I thought
this was from my pastor asking me to be on the Decorations Committee
again.

Mo F

I have no sympathy. You should not have volunteered in the first place and
you wouldn't have been confused
--
M.F. <(E-Mail Removed)>
South Bucks. UK