Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HELP!!!! STUPID BLANK FILE DOWNLOADS?!!!

HELP!!!! STUPID BLANK FILE DOWNLOADS?!!!

jaycow@gmail.com

I recently installed Visual Studio Standard 2003 onto my computer. I'm
running Windows XP Pro SP2. Everything was working fine up until i
installed this bastard. After that, anything Internet Explorer related
just dies. For example, using AOL Instant Messenger is a pain. Every
time someone sends me an instant message, i get a pop-up that asks for
a file download. the file is blank and the name is blank. i managed to
save a file and opened it with notepad and it's just a simple line of
code/script. This happens every time i get messaged. Also, if i ever
try to open a help file for any program besides firefox (which i am
using now), i get the same dialog box that pops up asking to download
a blank file. It doesn't come from any one file source. The Visual
Studio doesn't even work. It asked me to reinstall the program due to
the compiler being corrupted and i tried to. However, after
uninstalling the library, the program itself won't uninstall. When i
try to open up the menu, i get more popup boxes asking to download
more blank files. i restarted the computer and now the setup won't
even run. i tried to google a resolution for this but i've come up
with nothing and i don't even konw what to search for! this is my last
hope =( i don't want to do a system restore because my computer will
not run the same again after that.

jaycow@gmail.com

On Oct 4, 9:59 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I recently installed Visual Studio Standard 2003 onto my computer. I'm
> running Windows XP Pro SP2. Everything was working fine up until i
> installed this bastard. After that, anything Internet Explorer related
> just dies. For example, using AOL Instant Messenger is a pain. Every
> time someone sends me an instant message, i get a pop-up that asks for
> a file download. the file is blank and the name is blank. i managed to
> save a file and opened it with notepad and it's just a simple line of
> code/script. This happens every time i get messaged. Also, if i ever
> try to open a help file for any program besides firefox (which i am
> using now), i get the same dialog box that pops up asking to download
> a blank file. It doesn't come from any one file source. The Visual
> Studio doesn't even work. It asked me to reinstall the program due to
> the compiler being corrupted and i tried to. However, after
> uninstalling the library, the program itself won't uninstall. When i
> try to open up the menu, i get more popup boxes asking to download
> more blank files. i restarted the computer and now the setup won't
> even run. i tried to google a resolution for this but i've come up
> with nothing and i don't even konw what to search for! this is my last
> hope =( i don't want to do a system restore because my computer will
> not run the same again after that.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4170/13840601ex9.jpg
This is a link to the pop up window i was talking about. the
background is what happens when i click "FIND"

stupid question...waiting for a stupid answer Brandon McCombs Java 4 08-28-2006 06:57 PM
stupid stupid stupid kpg MCSE 17 11-26-2004 02:59 PM
stupid test questions and stupid awnsers in Measureup 70-320 test john MCAD 0 10-13-2004 11:43 PM
Stupid is as Stupid Does! Michael P Gabriel Digital Photography 3 06-26-2004 12:49 PM

Advertisments