Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless to wired network

Wireless to wired network

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSB3aXJlbGVzcw==?=

I have a linksys wireless router with 4 wired connections. My network is
wired with one xp computer and one 98. Now I want to add a wireless laptop to
it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does connect
through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of the hard
wire computers.

noyb

Do they all have the same Workgoup name defined?

"Dave wireless" <Dave http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a linksys wireless router with 4 wired connections. My network is
> wired with one xp computer and one 98. Now I want to add a wireless laptop

> it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does

connect
> through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of the

hard
> wire computers.

Malke

noyb wrote:

> Do they all have the same Workgoup name defined?
>
> "Dave wireless" <Dave (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have a linksys wireless router with 4 wired connections. My network
>> is wired with one xp computer and one 98. Now I want to add a
>> wireless laptop

>> it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does

> connect
>> through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of
>> the

> hard
>> wire computers.

It isn't necessary that they all have the same workgroup name, although
it is nicer that way. Here are some links to help you with the
networking. Go through the network troubleshooter (first link) by MVP
Hans-Georg Michna first. This will help you narrow down the issues.

http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ilesharing.htm (Home)
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ring/index.htm
(Pro)

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBXaXJlbGVzcw==?=

Yes they do they are under mshome and the comupter names are the proper ones
as per the manufacturer

"noyb" wrote:

> Do they all have the same Workgoup name defined?
>
> "Dave wireless" <Dave (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a linksys wireless router with 4 wired connections. My network is
> > wired with one xp computer and one 98. Now I want to add a wireless laptop

> > it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does

> connect
> > through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of the

> hard
> > wire computers.

Carey Holzman

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

Carey

"Dave wireless" <Dave (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a linksys wireless router with 4 wired connections. My network is
> wired with one xp computer and one 98. Now I want to add a wireless laptop
> it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does
> connect
> through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of the
> hard
> wire computers.

Robert Jacobs

run the wireless network wizard in XP. That should set it up correctly.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...