Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win2k Pro

Win2k Pro

philo

I see quite a few questions from people using Windows 2000 Professional...
Just a quick survey here.

How many use Win2k Professional

vs

How many using Win2k Unprofessional ?

Bob_R

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I see quite a few questions from people using Windows 2000 Professional...
> Just a quick survey here.
>
> How many use Win2k Professional
>
> vs
>
> How many using Win2k Unprofessional ?

In my case, it's Win2k Pro, used unprofessionally.
(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Bob

wisdomkiller & pain

philo wrote:

> I see quite a few questions from people using Windows 2000 Professional...
> Just a quick survey here.
>
> How many use Win2k Professional

@0rkplace, hundreds of boxen, "professionally" (no user has admin rights,
domain, internet only over proxy, usage of firefox encouraged). Rarely ever
a reinstall required unless the pc/drive goes tits up.
Now "slowly" in the process of migration to xp.

Alfred

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 00:52:52 GMT, "Bob_R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I see quite a few questions from people using Windows 2000 Professional...
>> Just a quick survey here.
>>
>> How many use Win2k Professional
>>
>> vs
>>
>> How many using Win2k Unprofessional ?
>>

>In my case, it's Win2k Pro, used unprofessionally.
>(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
>Bob

Same here except sometimes I fetch work home

olfart

"Alfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 00:52:52 GMT, "Bob_R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I see quite a few questions from people using Windows 2000
>>>Professional...
>>> Just a quick survey here.
>>>
>>> How many use Win2k Professional
>>>
>>> vs
>>>
>>> How many using Win2k Unprofessional ?
>>>

>>In my case, it's Win2k Pro, used unprofessionally.
>>(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
>>Bob
>>

> Same here except sometimes I fetch work home
>
> --

I'm an amateur still using Win2K Pro on my laptop.

elaich

"philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:jY-

> How many use Win2k Professional

Best Windows by far, if you have your drivers.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

philo

"elaich" <|@|.|> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:jY-
> (E-Mail Removed):
>
> > How many use Win2k Professional

> Best Windows by far, if you have your drivers.

Yes I find Win2k great...
even on pretty low end machines such as 350mhz with 128 megs of RAM.
I've tweaked my installations a bit by disabling about 6 or 8 services
plus importing msconfig from XP.

BTW: The only advantage XP has over Win2k is the better driver base...
but I made up a cd of all the XP drivers which I've extracted...
and it works very well.

Just expand all of XP's .in_ to .inf
then extract the drivers.cab (and modem.cab)
put it all in one folder and burn it to cd (about 300 megs)

The use it to update any drivers missed by win2k

another time saver is the unofficial SP5
which can be slipstreamed to a win2k automated install cd

j d

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "elaich" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:jY-
>> (E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > How many use Win2k Professional

>> Best Windows by far, if you have your drivers.
>>

> Yes I find Win2k great...
> even on pretty low end machines such as 350mhz with 128 megs of RAM.
> I've tweaked my installations a bit by disabling about 6 or 8 services
> plus importing msconfig from XP.
>

> BTW: The only advantage XP has over Win2k is the better driver base...
> but I made up a cd of all the XP drivers which I've extracted...
> and it works very well.
>
> Just expand all of XP's .in_ to .inf
> then extract the drivers.cab (and modem.cab)
> put it all in one folder and burn it to cd (about 300 megs)
>
> The use it to update any drivers missed by win2k
>
> another time saver is the unofficial SP5
> which can be slipstreamed to a win2k automated install cd

win2k pro i used to use, and preferred ..

and i would use win2k pro again, if i could get rid of vista home premium on
this newish box ..

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I see quite a few questions from people using Windows 2000 Professional...
>Just a quick survey here.
>
>How many use Win2k Professional
>
>vs
>
>How many using Win2k Unprofessional ?

There is only WK2 Pro (server versions excluded)

I like Wk2 it was/is my favorite windows OS, but W2K just couldn't
play the games, XP can and why I use it now.