Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Looking for some general attitudes on java.

Looking for some general attitudes on java.

Mr. X.

Hello.

I am java developer, and I would like some guid lines to start with Java.
Forums, free & openned sources - where can I find ?
New technologies on Java (I want to get an update when and where a new
technology reveals) ?

Also :

1. How can I create java-docs ?
2. What database is good and freeware for java ?

Thanks

Stefan Ram

"Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> writes:
>I am java developer, and I would like some guid lines to start with Java.

http://www.purl.org/stefan_ram/pub/java_resources_en

Lew

Mr. X. wrote:
> I am java developer, and I would like some guid lines to start with Java.
> Forums, free & openned sources - where can I find ?

GIYF.

> New technologies on Java (I want to get an update when and where a new
> technology reveals) ?
>
> Also :
>
> 1. How can I create java-docs [sic] ?

Always start with java.sun.com.
<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/javadoc/index.html>

<http://developers.sun.com/javadb/>
> Java DB is currently included with the Java SE Development Kit;

There are others, e.g., PostgreSQL
<http://www.postgresql.org/>

--
Lew

Mr. X.

Thanks ...

I forgot :
Database should support Hebrew, and be rational db (use SQL).
Are the databases you have mentioned support Hebrew & SQL ?
(and also freeware ...)

Thanks

Roedy Green

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 00:25:14 +0200, "Mr. X."
<no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/newsgroups.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingingstarted.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javadoc.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sql.html

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Roedy Green

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 01:38:54 +0200, "Mr. X."
someone who said :

>Database should support Hebrew, and be rational db (use SQL).
>Are the databases you have mentioned support Hebrew & SQL ?

There are so many database engines I wonder what criteria people use
to choose. Whatever those criteria are, I would be happy to add notes
about on the SQL vendors page, if you have info.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sqlvendors.html

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary
http://mindprod.com

David Segall

"Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote:

>2. What database is good and freeware for java ?

I list free ones here <http://database.profectus.com.au/>. "Good" will
depend your requirements. They could be from "I need all the features
of Oracle" to "I want to embed it in my application".

Thomas Kellerer

Mr. X., 05.10.2007 01:38:
> Thanks ...
>
> I forgot :
> Database should support Hebrew, and be rational db (use SQL).
> Are the databases you have mentioned support Hebrew & SQL ?
> (and also freeware ...)
>
> Thanks

Go for PostgreSQL (as suggested be Lew) it fits your requirements.

Thomas